Spoiler Tags

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Liquidtruth, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Is it possible (I think it is) for Grasscity to get spoiler tags? What is a spoiler tag you ask? It allows someone to put
    before something that say that could spoil the plot of a movie, game, book, story, or tv show, and will hide what they say unless someone clicks something in order to see it. This would allow people to talk about anything without worrying about giving an ending or major plot point away. Just wondering if it is possible to implement? I know many forums that have such a thing. :)

2. I'll check into it. :)

3. Oh, I love this idea! We had them on Mothering, and they're great. I thought we had them here and tried to use them the other day. :p

When you use it, it blacks out the text so you have to highlight it to read it and there's a little blurb that says Spoiler Alert! It's cool.

4. Oh, Now i know what you guys are talking about.

I like the idea.

5. I'm glad to hear you guys like the idea!

And thank you for looking into it RMJL! :D

6. Bumping this thread.

I think it's a good idea. I just clicked on a thread about a movie and it kind of gave away the ending.

7. I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but now I do. I think this is a good idea, too. It would be a great addition :).

8. We have something that would work. I saw it the other day.

[hide]This is what we have that would work for spoiler tags.[/hide]

Though, I was talking about something slightly different than that. But, this works. :)

HTML:
    [hide]Text you want to hide[/hide]
    Link removed due to pop up's. (Not Liquidtruth's fault) *RMJL
    To read it you just select the hidden text.

9. ^^That works on thread titles as well?

10. It does not work on thread titles. :)

11. I think I know which one you were thinking of. On another website I use the code is
    text you want hidden here

for example using "Johnny gets shot" as the spoiler
    So the message looks like this at first
    ***Spoiler***

But after you click on "***Spoiler***" the message looks like this
    ***Spoiler***
    Johnny gets shot

The spoiler doesn't open in a new window it just appears.

12. Yes indeed. :)