Spoiled Friends?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ETID, Mar 21, 2012.

1. As long as your friend is a good guy, what's the big deal? Some people are just dealt a lucky hand.

2. I had a friend like that in high school, we then became to become roommates while attending a tech school.
    His folks had money, not crazy rich but they were certainly well off. My roommate was a kool dude, although his folks paid his school, rent , AND gave him a good amount of allowance money, bought him a sick 67 camaro ss , and a corolla to drive around to school in despite this, He was so fucked up to his parents , he would scream at his mom and tell her she's dumb and whatnot, talked back sick to his dad disrespect him., they were Mexican couple and they were really nice and generous, welcoming people that would always make you feel at home, they were good people. And because older generation Mexican folk are very gullible so he would always lie to them about stupid shit to get his way or to squeeze more cash outta them.

This dude was just a brat

3. I'm a Jay. Also I got a job for fun, and everyone told me I'd never make it in a job because I'm too spoiled, I'll get a rude awakening, etc. That's bullshit. Working is easy and people bitch too much. But I am probably going to quit my job, it's not worth my time.. I get more money for not working than I do spending time working.

4. #24 falcon10911, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    It's all about perception dude. I worked a shitty job with 11 hours or more of back breaking labour, worked every holiday, worked nearly every weekend, crazy AM hours.

Then I'd go to the grocery store and cashiers would be like "FUCK OFF IM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY". And oh, only some of you can maybe comprehend the fucking rage that nearly spewed forth upon the wench, but I carried on.

You know why? Cause I made like $1800 more than her, per paycheck, there's always someone sucking your own tits too. That money is all my own, not my parent's or the bank's, or the government's It's that self respect that people lack and that's a weakness. It's not a bout wake up calls or any of that bullshit, you work, you get paid, you spend/save money that's all that matters. Don't worry about other people realizing how hard life can be, because it's all relative.

5. I know a kid who was like that but surprisingly moved out and got 2 jobs and his own apartment and doing really well.

6. so what he's not hurting anybody?.... pm the address

7. Here's a friend of mine

Rich as fuck. 4 xboxs in his house, patio outside has a bar and tv and xbox in it. When he buys a new game his dad buys 4 copies of it. Dad was paying for someone I knew college, apartment and living and gave him a allowance. When this kid comes to a party he will drop 200 easy. He threw a party and bought 2 kegs(one for himself) and about 20 cases of dos. When they went to padre for spring break he paid for the condo and all the beer for people(with his money, not dads). He always has like 800-1000 in his wallet. His house has a workout room, and another small house that he has to take one of those gators to get to. His dad bought everyone on the wrestling team new uniforms and power camp training things.

It gets better... His best friend was telling me this but I cant remember which was which but trust me it can go either way. He got 100,000 or 1mil for graduating hs. Gets 1mil or 10mil when he graduates college. And his grandfather has a bank account with either 10mil or 100mil that is his when he turns 30. He really doesnt have to work a single day in his life.

8. #28 PeruvianDank, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012

That's quite a bit. Whats your friend's father name? And what does he do?

The richest person I know is worth over 300 million USD.

But even so, its all about perception. Even in the private, ultra elite schools, kids are always gossiping about who's father is a billionare, and who has more money, etc.

Moral of the story? Humans will always want more. Nature programmed us to always want more. That's what causes so much unhappinnes and grief for a lot of people. But if you can beat your destructive, natural desires, then you will be a happy person.

9. stop looking at what other people have. You were born in the US.....you are extremely lucky to not have been born in the jungle or some middle eastern desert.

10. I mean my parents had money but after age 16 I bought most clothes, food, and I had to get a job but ended up not getting it until later

11. grass always look greener from the other side... as long as you find happiness in life thats the most important thing.

12. [quote name='"jeffdankity"']grass always look greener from the other side... as long as you find happiness in life thats the most important thing.[/quote]

%100 agree man.. even though people have a lot of money they still have problems in life, they can be big to them but small to us but people have problems.

Sometimes I'll think about if I was in another persons shoes that seemed to have a "better" life but I'm sure that person has they're own personal problems. Life is what u make of it.. theres a lot of really great stuff in all of our lifes.. you have to choose to see it.

13. Its seem the area that i live (Northern Beaches, Sydney, Australia), everyone is ether a spolit brat or a hard worker. I tend to be in the middle, and they aren't many middle people. I'm a bit spoilt for choices, due to my parents having their own business, but however i choose to work hard. I never associate with spoilt brats, i hate them..... I'm the richest guy in my friend groups. And they don't seem to care that my parent are rich, because i work hard

14. I was called spoiled during my elementary years. Now my parents are divorced, I've had 3 going on 4 jobs, and buy everything with my own money now. Spoiled no more. But does it even matter if someone is spoiled, but thankful for everything they own? As long as you are gracious I don't see what the problem is?