Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sploofs: Do they work?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BeachStoner, Apr 5, 2011.

1. #1 BeachStoner, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    "Sploofs: a paper towel's cardboard roll jammed in with dryer sheets and also a dryer sheet taped to the end. Exhale smoke into one end a the marijuana's scent disappears."

That's the theory behind sploofs.
    But do they really work?

I'd like to know what you think from your personal experience.
    Because some say that the scent disappears.
    Some, on the other hand, say that all you'll get is weed smoke with a hint of fresh lavendar, lol.

So, tell me what happened/happens when you guys use(d) sploofs.

Thanks!

-edit: By the way, I'ma smoke some joints outside; just don't want any neighbors/people nearby to smell it.

2. i'm also interested in this, i've used sploofs many times but always in combination with other things in order to cover up/ get rid of the smell, so idk if it was actually the sploof or not...

3. They work good for me but I don't use it regularly.

-Ross

4. they work but if your on dank youll still be able to smell the stuff burning

5. I use one every time I have to smoke indoors, and yes they work wonders. Doesn't even smell like weed anymore, but I put a lot of sheets in mine.

6. It works, but it's not amazing. I still spray stuff to make it better, but it doesn't hurt to try.

7. i use sploofs in my dorm. It blow it through a sploof, out the window. my room always smells anyways, but its worth the extra time to make that tiny bit less of a smell

8. You can make a sturdier, more effective sploof by using two halves of a water bottle stuffed with many sheets. Since the plastic is non-permeable, you're guaranteed that no smoke will leak out =D

from my experience, sploofs are pretty effective, especially when used in conjunction with other smell-eliminating items. Hit up your nearest Autozone or other car shop place and grab some Ozium, shit works wonders

9. :smoke:when i used to use sploofs they worked great, i would hit my bowl/oney and either cash it in one hit or just light it enough for 1 hit so when u stop inhaling the bowls not lit anymore then hold your hit in a little longer than you normaly do and blow threw the tube, itworks every time if you do it correctly. execpt if you have some super strong smelling dank dont even bother smoking it inside because i swear ive had weed that after smoking and using the sploof it STILL stanked like weed but thats just super good weed you know the kind where you can smell a .2 bud from 5 feet away not even joking!

10. They work best for lighter smells, like a vaporizer.

11. #11 Zerve, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
    They're good for bongs/pipes as not much smoke burns off into the air. If you're smoking a joint inside there's really no point.

12. Ive been using sploofs for about 3 yrs now & Im yet to get busted while using it... BUT dont be fooled, It doesnt completly mask the odor. I would deff continue to use it though, but never spray shit.. makes it more obvious, just use the sploof & crack a window if anything lol..
    Also when you make a good sploof you fill it in good, so when you blow the smoke in it's nice & tight, then its pretty good with masking the odor, works pretty well.
    ~Keep On TOKing ;) ~

13. They've always worked for me. I just make sure not to take too large of a rip and exhale it through the sploof slowly, and it seems to work just fine. I've had people that just walked into the room/apartment tell me it just smells like laundry haha. I'll usually burn an inscense too anyways though. :hello:

14. Mine has always worked but i would blow it out the window to

15. Check out the smokebuddy! I heard about it on youtube from mmjbootcamp and I picked one up recently. It's basically a personal carbon filter that you blow through for 20 bucks. Awesome stuff man.

16. Used to use them.

They work fine as long as you replace the dryer sheets frequently.

Id look into a smoke buddy!

17. 1 hitters + Sploof = :smoke:

Just try holding your hits in longer so there's less smoke

18. It is never recommended to hold your smoke an longer than normal(5 seconds max)

Even for stealth reasons,
    its not worth your lungs absorbing all those solids from the smoke.

19. yes, i am the sploof pro, they work amazing

20. Sploof and pro don't belong in the same sentence.