split the workout?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by firewall1, May 29, 2009.

1. now. im not exactly strong. and while i have lifted weights for a while. i feel going with my bodyweight will be better for my specific goals of strength. i believe it will promote for usefull muscle growth.

today i tried doing a chest and tris day. (done once to twice a week, other days i do back bis, legs, core(lowerback, abs. and the two side muscles that i cannot seem to remember the name of!)

and now my actual question... sorry for the speach up there. im fried:smoking:,

am i able to split up my workout throughout the day as such and still keep a good level of efectiveness.

i earlier did, 3 sets of 20 normal pushups, 2 sets of 15 closer griped(hands at exactly my shoulders) and then did 2 sets of 10 far grip pushups,

i would now also like to do 3 sets of 4 dips, 5 sets of 5 tricep pushups, and 2 sets of 3 diamond pushups.

will this mess with the healing process ? or am i go to go to do this.

a rep cookie for anyone who read the whole thing and posts something usefull :)

2. I dont see any problem with doing that, you should be fine. Also, your probably thinking of obliques ;)

3. Providing it is on the same day there shouldn't be any problems, just rememeber make sure you eat enough after the workout for muscle growth.