Split stalk will this work???? Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ant420ftp, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Okay though I was trying to spread my 2 my two tops out and actually split the stalk. I used duct tape that's all I had it worked for tomatoes before so i trywed that.
    I had to cut my two tops down due to a mold issue I didn't want to spread so I come down early. Will the extra stress I just calls slowed down a lot I'm giving a good nutrients I got Fox Farm trio
    Please help thank you very much Fela growers almost in the 9th week flowering
    Its a sativa strain I believe
    Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Anybody?

3. #3 bananamber, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    No duct tape. You know how a cut on your skin needs to breath to avoid infections? Plants do too. Use first aid tape. And yes, it should heal, given she's not already stressed, in about about 10-14 days. You'll probably see slowed growth while it heals. And no, the stress from cutting the tops won't affect the healing much, maybe slow it down a couple days.

LST'ing when the stalks are that thick takes more time. You can't force it, otherwise that happens.

4. Tape is good ....more the question is why it should snap, have you a fan in there, to give strength and flexibility to the stem, to reduce humidity in the grow room, to reduce Pm.?
    The latest addition to the soups that grow shops are selling, is silicon to make stems stronger, look for this next time you are at the grow shop

5. Like bananamber said there are better things to use but duct tape will work.  This was a terrible time for a big slit like that, bud production will be seriously slowed down while it heals itself.  Sucks man but you've done what you can do now just time to wait.

6. thanks every body I will do so with aid tape yea it really sucks but what can u do my g oa what's it cut down so I might just get what I get

7. Everything worked out well ended up with two zips drtSent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app