Split main stem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hiflyer0208, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Hi gc crew. After i fixed my k lockout ive now managed to split my main stem. The plant(super lemon haze) has been topped and whilst trying to bend the two main colas apart ive gone and split it down the middle. Ive taped it up with some duct tape i just hope its tight enough. Any had any similar probs? How did it turn out?

2. A pic would be really nice, I like the crash and burn stories here, most important
    have you watered the plant, shock is what the plant is in, she needs a drink to coup with the stress, turns that drink to sugars to mend that trunk...

Plants are amazingly resilent, I've seen and done worse, next time you topp, please use the shears.....lol

peace
    "V"

3. Hey vostok, thanks for replying, if crash and burn stories are your thing then watch this space.i nearly killed my other 6 week old clone by dropping a 12" oscilating fan on her earlier today whilst trying to lower the light, she was pretty flat,lol,i think shes ok tho. I had just flushed the soil as i had an acidic build up in the soil which in turn caused k lockout ( red leaf stems, yellow edges and tips on fan leaves and necrosis on both fan and other leaves were the signs i used to diagnose) i then fed with my usual schedule plus some multi enzyme i usualy use on younger plants. Hopefuly she will make a full recovery... Checked today and she seems to be ok. do you think molasis might be a good idea if it is sugar that helps with shock? Is it safe to put photo evidence on these sites??

4. Omfg. Opened my grow tent and the light support had snapped in thw middle of the night, my air cooled hood has crushed and cooked my baby girl, half of her branches were burnt. Fuck my fucking life

5. Remove the burnt leaves and broken branches. Water heavily and mist the plant. And saying a little prayer to the Ganja Goddess wouldn't hurt. ;)

There is a reason it is called "weed"- cannabis is a tough plant! Chances are she will survive! :D

If you have a branch that got burnt in the middle, remove the burnt part and try to clone it under 24/7 (use a couple of CFLs). Try to make the best of a bad situation! Years ago, I had one end of a shoplight fall on a plant a couple weeks into 12/12 and break off a large branch. :(

I cut off all the big leaves, stuck it in the ground and much to my surprise, it rooted and grew! :eek: Didn't amount to much, but it was more than nothing! :D

Don't give up on her!

Granny

6. I'm one guy that is OPPOSED to using molasses, although the rewards can be high, you've only to make one mistake and the faults can be undeniable even unbelievable ..lol
    Sugar is not as 'we' know as sugar, but the plants definition, as in sunlight and CO2 = sugar.
    I'm clumsy, and like you, do bash about a bit, so I've made the grow room ...earth quake proof, if it moves ...bolt it down, fans lights trays etc etc.
    Photos on this site are good and safe, just don't leave your address or number in the shot.
    I am big, on foilar feeding, see it as I take you to Macdonald's 3 times a week and force feed you $200, worth of burgers, you won't last long..lol, but if I allow you to pick whenever and whatever you want, you will be a much happier customer and likely to return, same as with foilar feeding, the stoma, on the leaves, takes in want the plant WANTS...consider this!

have a look thru my blog

peace
    "V"

7. Hi granny thanks for your response, that is exactly what i did. Half of my plant was brown and crispy so i cut it away, i made a feed mix and now my brandnew trident ph/ec tester isnt working, so i cant feed untill tomorrow. Disater upon disaster lately( dont know if you read earlier in the thread), its really knocked my spirit today though, after all, this my first grow and she was my baby. A few of my fellow gardeners even told me how impressive she was so i had a huge attachment to her, i nearly shed a tear but i was far to sober and angry. Not sure whether i should just risk giving her the feed without testing it?? I would post pics but im not sure if it is safe??

8. #8 Hiflyer0208, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    Foliar feeding is something that is quite interesting to me and i have been meaning to do more research on it, i guess i thought it to be more of a "pro method" and i think was a lil worried to try it, il def check your blogs tho, maybe il learn a thing or two and tryit out on my next batch. Keep posted for pics, you wil either laugh, cry or do both.

Much love

9. [quote name='"vostok"']A pic would be really nice, I like the crash and burn stories here, most important
    have you watered the plant, shock is what the plant is in, she needs a drink to coup with the stress, turns that drink to sugars to mend that trunk...

Plants are amazingly resilent, I've seen and done worse, next time you topp, please use the shears.....lol

peace
    "V"[/quote]

image-115034689.jpg

Before

image-1544190455.jpg

After

10. [quote name='"Hiflyer0208"']

Hey vostok, thanks for replying, if crash and burn stories are your thing then watch this space.i nearly killed my other 6 week old clone by dropping a 12" oscilating fan on her earlier today whilst trying to lower the light, she was pretty flat,lol,i think shes ok tho. I had just flushed the soil as i had an acidic build up in the soil which in turn caused k lockout ( red leaf stems, yellow edges and tips on fan leaves and necrosis on both fan and other leaves were the signs i used to diagnose) i then fed with my usual schedule plus some multi enzyme i usualy use on younger plants. Hopefuly she will make a full recovery... Checked today and she seems to be ok. do you think molasis might be a good idea if it is sugar that helps with shock? Is it safe to put photo evidence on these sites??[/quote]

image-229889519.jpg

Aww sucks

11. [quote name='"Hiflyer0208"']
    Hi granny thanks for your response, that is exactly what i did. Half of my plant was brown and crispy so i cut it away, i made a feed mix and now my brandnew trident ph/ec tester isnt working, so i cant feed untill tomorrow. Disater upon disaster lately( dont know if you read earlier in the thread), its really knocked my spirit today though, after all, this my first grow and she was my baby. A few of my fellow gardeners even told me how impressive she was so i had a huge attachment to her, i nearly shed a tear but i was far to sober and angry. Not sure whether i should just risk giving her the feed without testing it?? I would post pics but im not sure if it is safe??[/quote]

image-2731177570.jpg

image-1516023162.jpg

Looking bare when compared to the "before" photo in my reply to vostok

12. Stake and tie the plant back up and tape the splits. Be observant.

PW

13. Mine split directly down the middle of the stem and actually formed a hole straight thru after the middle dried out now water just goes up the sides and not the middle it's pretty cool

14. [quote name='"ForrestGreen420"']Mine split directly down the middle of the stem and actually formed a hole straight thru after the middle dried out now water just goes up the sides and not the middle it's pretty cool[/quote]

Not sure I understand what u mean by a hole thru, got a pic?

15. Ah i see what you mean, so its acting as two seperate stems almost?

16. Ah thats good to know man, i feel a bit better about her future now(short as it may be):smoke:

17. So I guess I spoke too soon. Just checked on her and the top looks pretty shagged. ALL the leaves and bud on the main cola( above the split) are drooping, i removed the bandage to see if that helps. The split did not seal back up unfortunately. I'll post pics shortly. Peace

18. @hiflyer0208: ya man I did the same fucking this about 2 weeks ago. I wrapped duct tape around it a few times, just make sure that literally NONE of where its split is exposed. Make sure that tape completely wraps around it, cuz if any of it is exposed then bugs will get inside the stock and ruin ur shit, or wen watering, if any water gets inside of there it will cause root rot....I've had mine taped for 2 weeks and its grown an inch since then so Im assuming my remedy worked, at least I HOPE it worked lol