Splinter down the length of my fingernail, Pictures

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 19, 2011.

1. shiiiit, i remember getting a paper cut under my nail and it hurt like a bitch cant imagine that lol

2. i always get cuts and splinters and shit at work, usually i usually put iso alcohol on it, let it sting like a bitch for a bit dry it off and put hydrogen peroxide. but that is because i dont get to do it right away, and the cut just usually get dirtier and dirtier through out the day.

if i can clean it right away i just use hydrogen peroxide.

3. Could've been worse, it could've actually been underneath the nail :eek:

Hydrogen peroxide and a bandaid is the way I'd go.

4. It did.

5. [quote name='"MandalaSmoker"']

It did.[/quote]

:eek:

Well, that sucks hardcore. I've had that happen before, only it was shorter so I had to dig underneath the nail with that flat peice you find on nail clippers to get it out.

6. when i experience shit that hurts i decide to quickly snap ring finger into place. That shit hurt!

7. i imagine the hurt i feel your pain.

8. I ended up in the ER with a splinter that went under the nail bed to the cuticle (end of the finger nail) and was very painful.  I was in too much pain, and shaking too bad to remove it, not to mention it was my right hand, and I'm unable to do anything with my left.  Okay a friend wanted to remove it but too painful to touch for the inexperienced playing around trying to get a hold of it.  

At the ER the doctor cleaned it with a mixture of betadine and hibiclens, numbed the thumb at the base which made the whole thumb fairly numb, cut a "v" in the nail, grabbed and pulled.  Initially I felt pressure at the cuticle, and then instant relief.   Also was given a tetanus vaccination.  I cleaned it under the nail bed twice daily for 2 weeks with hibiclens (can buy over-the-counter) which is suppose to penetrate deeper than hydrogen peroxide. The cuticle area to the joint is still sensitive.  There are small black dots in this area but they're just having me watch it for now.  It is possible to have a delayed fungal infection.