Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spliffs to quit smoking cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, Dec 23, 2011.

1. So I have a friend who smokes cigarettes, and he's trying very hard to quit. However, he has no desire to quit smoking weed. Anyway, I heard somewhere that an effective way to quit cigarettes and tobacco all together is to start smoking only spliffs, starting at a roughly 60/40 weed-tobacco ratio, and gradually reduce the concentration of tobacco in the spliffs until you're smoking only weed in the joints. Does anyone know if this is an effective way to quit?

2. Only one way to find out.. try it!

3. I find people are more successful at quitting, when they quit cold turkey.
    -But then again everyone is different.
    Yes, it's hard - but who told him to start in the first place.

I would suggest stop cold turkey and deal with it/ toke up JOINTS (100%cannabis) to help deal with the withdraws if it can.
    :smoking:

4. it seems like it would be, but preroll like 5 with the ratio's being 50/50 (enough weed to get him to a nice strong high basically) then have him smoke one. if he wants more tobacco, he will need to smoke another spliff, and will have to decide whether or not a whole other spliff is worth it.

5. helped me quit...but i started off with more weed in them then that and smoked them for a week then just quit tobacco and smoked weed whenever i felt like i needed a cigarette, it helped with the withdraws a little but he will still have alot of withdraws depending on how addicted he was, personally i smoked cigs from 13-16 then quit and ive still never smoked a cigarette but sometimes when im around people that are smoking cigarettes ill feel the urge to smoke one but i just have to fight myself and not do it