Spirituality And Philosophy Forums

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by olmeca, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Have you considered splitting the Spirituality And Philosophy into two separate forums. I find it a bit unfair that that people who are spiritual are always on the attack from non religious people.

It would be far better if it was split into two spirituality and a philosophy forums. Spiritualist would then be left in peace to talk about how they percieve life and other people could go to the philosophy forums to debate the existence of god and other topics.

2. Not sure what you mean, do you think that someone who was fat could turn the other cheek because they were called tubby? You post does not contribute anything.

This is about allowing people to discuss there own believes or to debate them but in separate forums.

3. Agalloch you make me laugh. Not in a good way.

Please Grasscity make a seperate spirituality and philosophy forums. Its as easy to do as a right click.

I'm all for debate but let people who want to discuss religion discuss religion and people who want to debate religion can do it in a separate forum. The spiritual forum will have its own vibe and the same discussion as there is currently going on will be seperate into debate and discussion currently its all debate.

4. Maybe religion should be a new forum and spirituality and philosophy can stay the same..

That would for sure start world war 3... I like it

5. You can tell from this thread alone that the OP is right. I'm not sure why you even came into this thread, Agalloch, if for no reason than to try to antagonize the OP.

This is how every thread regarding spirituality turns out because of the lack of acceptance and tolerance here at the City. Even a thread in General Feedback can't be posted regarding the spirituality forum itself, without some kind of antagonization. So, the OP is definitely on the right track with his idea.

6. #6 Agalloch, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    I wasn't being as serious as you seem to think, guess I was playing Devil's Advocate. :smoking:

Sorry if the OP or anyone else concerned was offended/antagonized by my words.

You'd think a bunch of mature adults could get along in the same forum and respect each others beliefs anyway. Maybe just crackdown on the forum itself and enforce polite and considerate discussion. :smoking:

7. You know...having read those 3 now deleted posts you made...IMHO if one keeps repeating himself around the same subject in a more or less derogatory manner...most - if not all - average readers (such as myself) are taking the things written in that repetitive context in a more serious way rather than if one would have been just trying to play "Devil's Advocate" by making just one post in a sarcastic context.

:)

8. Quoted for truth.

9. Way to beat the dead horse, buddy. Even after I deleted the posts that folks have a problem with you still find it necessary to bring it up as if you want to make yourself look better. Not sure who you're trying to impress.

10. No one.

Thought I would enlighten you a bit there for your general understanding.

Beating a dead horse is one thing, making an explanatory follow up post is a totally different one.

:)
    PS: No more commenting from me on this.