Spirituality and Chemistry

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by EarthFriend, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Ok so. I always study high. I don't know what it is, but it works wonders for me. Just when ya think weed's perfect, it goes above and beyond and helps you in school :).

So I am currently high, studying chemistry. I read the first law of thermodynamics: "energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form."

It seems to me that our life force, the energy or "spirit" that keeps us going is just another kind of energy, right? Our life energy, life force is never really destroyed, it just changes form into the trees and worms and soil that decompose our bodies if buried, or into heat and smoke if cremated.

By this token, our life force was never really "ours" in the first place, but just passing through us momentarily in the grand scheme of things. Death is inevitable, for us to want to cling to that life force beyond our allotted time is not only selfish, but totally impossible because it would break the law above, and the energy would never be transferred.

We must just realize that every last person, animal, and piece of nature that exists is from the same life force and thusly we must treat them all with kindness, compassion, and tolerance. We must appreciate the time that we have been given with this life force and make the most of it (by, I personally recommend, spending times with loved ones and combusting Cannabis, and being with nature :)).

Just a thought. Let me know what you guys think!

Peace :smoke:

2. Spot on chap!

3. Nice read.

4. That my friend is what the buddha called emptiness. When we look at the cloud we see the cloud. The cloud can turn into rain and then can become the water we drink. When we look at the water, do we see the cloud? We're all the same thing and more similar than different. I think you'd like reading about the tao. There is a natural flow in life and the purpose is to allow that flow to be. With our delusion we mess with the flow, destroy the environment, think of animals as lower beings than us. We are all here and alive.

When we smoke or do drugs that are natural they tend to have a theme. The theme is gaia consciousness. The plants are aware of us and vice versa. Nature is us and we are nature.

5. Cool post, friend. It's nice to hear the music of the spheres. :smoke:

6. +rep Taiyaki! Exactly.... Have any Taoist or Buddhist reading recommendations?

7. I'm not sure what you mean by the "spirit that keeps us going" but I agree that all we are made of was once part of something else, like stars

8. buddhism plain and simple by steve hagen is a great read on just buddhism. on the tao google tao te ching.

with you luck my friend.

9. just wait until you get to entropy!

10. ^ Entropy always wins

11. #11 Perpetual Burn, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    I've always found the first law of thermodynamics to be one of the most enlightening simple truths. Uncreatable, indestructible.

Heavy Zen in this thread. :)