Spiritual songs

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Deleted member 940351, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Music has always been a very important part in my life, ever since I was a child and obviously there are certain songs that which I feel a strong spiritual connection. The lyrics speak to me on a spiritual level and help me better understand myself so I could say that they changed my life in one way or another. I don't know if I'm properly explaining myself, it's difficult sometimes to explain certain spiritual connections, but give it your best shot.

I'm not talking about songs that you personally relate to, not ones that everyone relates to, like for example songs about breakups etc but more on the sense of your own interpretation of a meaning of an abstract song, that can interpreted in many ways.

So I ask, post the songs that revealed a life message to you and what is that message.

2. I don't know, but you might want to get more in tune with your surroundings. but anyway spiritual music really is not in words, I don't know how else to really say that

3. What do you mean by that? That I'm too much of a hippy?

4. no the opposite

5. You're confusing me man. Please explain more thoroughly, or don't derail the thread, thanks.

6. This song revealed to me that we all live , we all die , so try to enjoy yourself rather than worry about shit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. right. you don't seem to be focusing on the right things for the music. by the way you seem to derail a lot in your own statements. its not a rigid conversation

8. really spiritual? more like mental music if that

9. I don't need someone to critique my opinion of what a song means to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

10. no, its like comparing Steve Roach to Aerosmith.

11. So happy to see you posted this :biggrin: This album as a whole is very spiritual to me. It talks about life and death, materialism, the passage time, not fearing death and etc. I would say the song that most changed my life in a spiritual way, would be the song "Time". It made me realise that the clock is always ticking and all of our lives come to an end sooner than we think, so we should really appreciate every minute of our lives and live it to the fullest. Live every day as if it were your last and don't let your age stop you from doing certain things.

• Like Like x 3
  12. You must be deaf not to enjoy this piece of art. This album a musical achievement but is also very critically acclaimed.

13. To you man , I'm just gonna keep smokin and let you have ur opinions on shit and keep mine as well :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  14. not art. Bitches Brew by Miles Davis blows it away. But to answer your question, that album by Davis is a good album to just meditate too.

15. ill be honest, I had Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. Miss my collection:(

16. This Pink Floyd song is also very special to me. For me, the song represents the fond memories you've experienced in your life and now even though your time has come (meaning death) you will die in peace knowing you had lived such a fulfilling life, full of love and emotion. And maybe that some other life even better than this one awaits you.

17. I find that hard to believe after you just called one of best, most psychedelic tracks on that album crap.

18. WaxPayne... Forever the realest.

This album always helped me through the times, good and bad.

• Like Like x 2
  19. That's a very chill and peaceful song. I like it a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. not psychedelic. its like prog fusion. no I said its more mental if anything