Spiritual experiences with the herb

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Decensor, May 5, 2010.

1. Over the course of the last year, my first year of college, I've become a daily toker. Almost every night, I smoke before coming back to lay down and ponder philosophy or study astronomy, a study which has fascinated me my entire life and much more recently that I've been studying it after smoking. I've been an atheist for a while now and while I do not believe in a god, the shared human experience of smoking and then contemplating reality or sharing a few bowls with friends as we catch up and share stories is almost spiritual, if that makes any sense. Those in my family who know I smoke tell me my money's going "up in smoke" but I get so much more from an eighth of mids than my $20 in the offering plate each week ever did for me(not to bash religion, I just didn't get much from it). I'm actually pretty baked right now but i felt like it was an important thing and I might not understand it as well in the morning if i didn't write it down now.
    What are your feelings on this GC? Anyone else feel this spiritual shared human experience or am I thinking too much into getting stoned?

2. I have those every so often, where i'm so deep into positive thinking. It really depends on my inner mood.

3. Yea bro I know exactly what you're talking about. I toke for the same reasons. Unlike alot of other tokers, I don't burn for happiness or giddiness, but rather to think deeply & contemplate shit... to heighten my consciousness. If you use the herb just for the euphoria, then you're inevitably going to reach a point where it doesn't affect you the same anymore, and that's why that whole gateway theory exists...

& Since you toke, study astronomy & are an atheist, I highly suggest looking up Carl Sagan if you don't already know who he is lol... :smoking:

4. youre on the right track niglet, nothin better than smokin with some buds and sharin some very meaningful stories to one another in the midst...

no gods no masters

5. Yeah, I know who Carl Sagan is, I've read some of his stuff and I'm a pretty big fan. I'm glad others use herb for these reasons too.

6. pretty much same reason... i smoke to find a certain spot in my inner being that is just me, noone and nothing else. its like my own little slice of Limbo to understand myself better

7. Psychonautics deals with the use of drugs as a way to contemplate the universe and a way to get to know yourself better. I like that idea.

I'm fried right now from some kief, and there honestly isn't anything better than to contemplate what we don't know. In a way, it makes us human.

8. My parents and my grandparents are catholic, and I was raised in that way. Nothing too eccentric, just the basics (Believe in god, do good stuff, u'll go to heaven, etc.) But as I grew up, it all made less and less sense.
    About a year ago, I was smokin some weed on my balcony at 3.am, watching the stars, and started thinking intensely about God and all that religious bs. Came to a conclusion that I can't believe that there's some great divine being that's controlling our destinies and concerning itself with everyone. What I came to believe was that God is some great transcendant spirit, which reveals himself trough our entire world (like natural order, the perfection of the nature's balance).

Pretty insightful experience, tbh

9. You should hear the words of people who've been up and down this road before.

Terence Mckenna's, or comedian Bill Hicks' idea's are good for the mind

10. Awesome! I love deep thinking as well :)
    Meditation is also very fun after toking

11. Yes, yes, yes.

It puts me at a happy medium in life.

12. lol just the other day my friend and i had an in depth conversation about the evolution of american society over the last 200 years

13. man...I discovered the meaning of life and then forgot it. I felt so disassociated from self...it was awesome...wish I could remember what I was thinking.:smoke:

14. im totally looking that up. ive been getting into quantum physics :smoke:

15. My first experiences with the herb were so spiritual that my entire perception on life and reality changed in a week.

16. when i meditate high it is always a much better spiritual experience than when im sober (not to say sober meditation isn't great as well).

especially with chakra meditation, i am able to feel and concentrate on the energies in my body far better than when i am sober...

i love smoking a bowl after i meditate and just thinking, not about trivial things but just thinking about questions i have regarding life, the spirit, and my experiences here with a clear mind. when i have a clear mind and im high i could seriously just think for hours and be totally content.

17. The herb helps me meditate also. I recommend it to anyone that wants to feel refreshed.

18. There is nothing more fun then turning on Into the Universe or Through the Wormhole while baked. It is the only time that I actually do feel spiritual at all. Or even stuff that proves that evolution does exist beyond a resonable doubt such as Planet Earth or Life.

This is what I have learned since smoking pot and watching those shows, I feel I can be a much deeper thinker if I am high, it does all mostly carry over in the morning after I sleep on it and am not high anymore. Anyway, I am on the same boat as the OP.

Here is my spirituality and beliefs that I did not have until I started smoking, it is hard to explain but I will do my best.

Basically from watching those series on string theory, big bang, time travel.. I have come to the somewhat of the conclusion on why we are here.

The solar system is alive in some way that we do not understand. Something did not want to die found a way to reproduce and wanted to better itself and experience and explore space and over an infinite(or unknown) amount of years.

Also to me it seems like at some point everything in this universe will die off whether it is black holes that are mating or whatever, and in turn the universe will be better each time and evolve just as we do on earth.

Whether or not the universe is attempting to make it so we have eternal life as humans or any other life form remains to be seen, but I find it hard pressed to believe we aren't in some experiment or some type of evolution on a greater scale.

I've even thought that our galaxy and every other galaxy is just apart of a fire or explosion that is huge to use, but the size of less than an atom to the people seeing a blazing fire in front of them. And if the people see us at that huge size it is obvious we are not on the same time scale.

19. I have always been a thinker, big time. I was also a great athelete so I didn't have much time to sit back and figure shit out, I just new that there are millions of scams out there. Some not intentional like certain religions that mean well, but I was a full blown atheist until I started smoking pot and I started thinking about shit like in my above post.

Most people like to listen to music while they are working, not me, I think. And when you think and use your mind correctly you are actually becoming smarter and more well equipped on earth rather than those people who listen to music and get lost in it. After watching a show documentary called the human mind, it has shed a whole new light on thinking and has improved my life exponentially.