Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spinal cord injury MMJ users

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Hotwheelz, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Just wanted to know who else out there uses marijuana to relieve symptoms related to their spinal cord injury? It is helped me tremendously, I have gotten off of 80% of my prescription regimen because of marijuana!

So let's hear what all of you spinal cord injury patients are using MMJ for?

2. Cannabis helps people in so many ways- here's a few studies for you to read from "Granny Storm Crow's list" (linked below in my sig)-

The treatment of spasticity with Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in persons with spinal cord injury.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Are oral cannabinoids safe and effective in refractory neuropathic pain?

The treatment of spasticity with D9-THC in patients with spinal cord injury

Delta-9-THC as an alternative therapy for overactive bladders in spinal cord injury

The effect of orally and rectally administered delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on spasticity

Treatment of spasticity in spinal cord injury with dronabinol

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol shows antispastic and analgesic effects

The effect of delta-9-THC on human spasticity.

Cannabis effect on spasticity in spinal cord injury.

Marihuana as a therapeutic agent for muscle spasm or spasticity.

The perceived effects of marijuana on spinal cord injured males.

Granny :wave:

3. I use MMJ and it has done the same for me. No more pain pills. I suffer from a rare malformation that made a cyst in my spine that pushes on my spinal chord and gives me horrible neuropathy and muscle spasms. My life was painful until MMJ:)

4. #4 SmokinTrichs, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    I don't know if it's considered a spinal cord injury but I definitely hurt my back last year. I didn't even know I could get an MMJ card until recently when my friend told me. I was having very bad muscle spasms for months and taking everything from Vicodin to Norcos. Major addictive pills. Not to mention all the muscle relaxers really toyed with my body and didn't even help much. The pills were addictive and made me dizzy as hell sometimes. Felt like more of a drug addict on those than on MJ any day.

If you were to ask me, edibles really help with my back pain.
    The only problem is edibles are really inconsistent. At least the ones I have been purchasing are. :rolleyes: I will have to start making my own to get consistency one of these days.

I stopped taking the pain pills Kaiser gave me for my back, have less pain now, and I even quit smoking cigarettes almost two months ago now since I got my "card".

One of the best things that has happened to me in a long time, no doubt. Very helpful with everything including pain besides my social anxiety disorder. For which, I don't smoke when I feel I need to go in public.

Before my card when I smoked weed I would have never believed you if you told me MJ relieves pain but now that I have tried some more powerful sources of MJ and edibles and budders and honey buds and stuff like that I can surely say that MJ can truly provide medical pain relief. Some edibles I have tried really did relieve my back pains!

This stuff really does have medical use.

Smoking a bowl in the morning relieves my stomach instabilities too and every time I eat too much smoking herb is the cure! If I need to sleep or if I'm stressed! Dank!

5. My mom has 2 bulging spinal cord discs in the back of her neck and its causing her alot of pain, the doctors prescribed her prednazone, which is some sort of steroid and she can only sleep for 2-3 hours at a time before the steroids jolting her body back awake. Yesterday I talked to her about the benefits of smoking and how dangerous pain killers can be.

She used to smoke so she isnt scared of doing it but I think shes still a little unsure about it. I also recently found a friend of mine gets medicinal weed shipped to him so i went ahead and got him to order a half-o of g13 for my mom whenever she comes around.

I just cant stand to see her like this in so much pain, ive been over there the last 2 days and her body just looks so exhausted from the medication that shes on. She said she was gonna read up on the benefits of smoking so hopefully shell give me a call in a couple days

6. Kshock, get your Mom to read my list! Even just reading the titles of the studies and articles is an education! If you don't want her to see what you are up to here at GC, may I recommend greenpassion.org as a good site for mature medical users? It is also where I keep the most up to date version of my list.

Granny :wave:

7. Hi. My husband has a spinal cord injury, T12/L1 complete, and has a lot of chronic pain. He's been injured since 2002 and has been off pain meds for about 2 years now, but that's only been due to pure determination to not feel like he's living in a haze. We just got the letter from his doc to get some MMJ to help with his pain. Do you guys have any recommendations on what types he should try out? We're in Oceanside, CA which is just north of San Diego. Thanks for any advice you can give us.