Spinal Cord Injury and Weed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SkyWalker093, Nov 26, 2012.

1. I'm new to this world called Spinal Cord Injury. I was injured on 1-19-12. I'm in need of advise from anyone willing to help. I'm not asking for a pitty party or a shoulder to cry on. I fractured my neck, some vertebrae in my back, and some ribs. I'm a T-6 incomplete. Im getting more feeling back in my legs every minute of the day, but am still wheelchair bound with no movement below my injury. I have awful muscle spasms in my legs and they really slow me down. I take meds to slow them down, but it doesn't work all too well and makes me super drowsy. I smoke weed for the spasms, but it doesn't help. I continue to smoke weed regardless haha. What I would like to know is: do different types of marijuana actually help more with muscle spacticity and if so what kind???

2. Christ dude, that's awful. I hope rehab helps you regain leg functionality.

Basically, for spasms, you want heavy indicas, something that is going to chill you out, relax your muscles, and give you that awesome body buzz that indicas are known for. Sativas won't help the spasms at all, so it might just be better to stay away from those.

3. I finished rehab months ago. So I have to live like this for the rest of my life until a cure comes along which will be very soon. The problem is that I'm from the suburbs right out of Chicago and marijuana is still illegal. I never know which kind is which. It sucks

4. Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. You need to make your way to Switzerland or something and go through stem cell treatments!

5. You want all CBDs you can get my friend. I have MS, my spinal cord wasn't injured but it is pretty fucked up. CBDs aren't as psychoactive as THC but they have medicinal qualities. I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. Be well. Breathe deep.

6. It's all good. I'm only 19 and it's hard enough getting out of bed in the morning haha. Maybe one day I'll go out there. FDA just approved first human trials for stem cell treatments in people with spinal cord injury so hopefully all goes well.

7. I don't mind smoking it, but I've seen on tv and YouTube they got suckers and edibles and stuff you can spray in your mouth. Do they work just as good as smoking/vaporizing it?

8. edibles are more of a body effect, give 'em a try. do some research on CBDs.

9. hope you don't mind me asking but what happened man?

10. I don't mind at all. I had a bad reaction to some LSD that I took. I don't remember much, but I woke up in the ambulance and couldn't feel anything from about my nipples down. I was told I dove off a balcony head first with my hands behind my back. I don't remember that at all. Why I am not a quadrapalegic or dead I have no idea. I fractured my C5 and C6 vertebrae as well as my T5 and T6 and some ribs. It was on 1-19-12. I'm still wheelchair bound but gained a lot of feeling back in my legs. I got to enjoy my 19th birthday in rehab. I'm 100% sober to this day besides smoking pot

11. damn. did the lucy taste bitter?

glad your optimistic and hope you find some skywalker OG

12. That's how I want to die :p... But in all seriousness I hope you are able to recover, and make some edibles there's tutorials everywhere just use that search button.

13. I don't remember. It tasted like purple

14. I would love to make edibles if my parents weren't such nazis about weed. Can't wait to move out

15. Man no way real L made you do that, definitely some other fucked up compound . But that sucks man if its forreal , hope this shit works out for you

16. #17 We Here, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    harlequin, gdp, start to dab, eat edibles. Racey sativa's tend to take the mind off the pain for the most part. Use a vapor for more of a body high, choose strains with higher cbd. and drink a lot of water to keep ur spinal discs hydrated.

17. Yes, I would make sure you are going with a strong indica strain or try to find some medibles.

I fractured T12 and L1 07/2003. I am not paralyzed but have unbearable chronic pain as a result.

18. I'm not here to argue whether It was real L or not. I'm from Chicago so I know what I'm getting, but that part of my life is over so I don't really care

19. Trust me I've tried talking to them, but coming from a parents perspective and watching your kid almost kill himself diving off a balcony I guess I don't mind them being overprotective. I can wait till I move out It don't matter