Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spiking food

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by starguy, Dec 10, 2022.

1. I'm not adding it to the tincture per say. I mix it with tincture and coconut oil and add honey to this mixture.,In the end it's the honey getting spiked.,
    I did just put this batch together and split it and did a test spoon of the non-lecithinized batch. I also wondered about if I'm adding enough so with this batch I doubled the amount. But in general I should know in a few hours how my recipe works without the lecithin.,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well the batch w/out lecithin worksallgood.,maybe not quite as strong as other similar stuff w/it.,I will do some from the 1/2 with the extra lecithin next.,probably not tonite unless Im up in the wee hours.,thats always a good time for testing.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'm going to try the extra lecithin phoney today.,.I think I will have it with peanut butter.,This is one of the ways I will be using it regularly.,I have made a mix phoney, pb, and Nutella in a little cup.,an I felt like a spoiled kid spooning it up.,.Best2all

• Like Like x 1
  4. I ended up just putting the phoney on a peanut butter sandwich and it was a very good buzz for the afternoon. It was definitely stronger than the day before without the lecithin in the mix.,This was only a one time for each method test so it isn't conclusive,.but it was a noticeably more intense buzz.,If it was a matter of the lecithin or other factors remains to be seen. I think the lecithin is the difference and will continue to use it in my phoney recipes.
    I will also try adding it in last. I have been mixing the tincture, cc oil, and lecithin together first and then adding the warm honey to the mix. I can add the lecithin in after the honey and cc oil/tincture are mixed. That is how this last batch was made and it seemed to work just fine.,

• Like Like x 1
  5. I did a tsp. of the 2x batch last night at 9:00.,I was outside with my telescope at 10:15 and I was feeling a little wobbly on my feet so I put the scope away and got back into my recliner.,I putzed for a while and a little after midnight I put my feet up.,Next thing I knew it was 8am.,
    I have been getting up every 4 hours for the last 11 years to change my wives diaper and I may have slept an hour to long once in awhile but the body adjusts.,I usually sleep 2 ,1/2.,3,1/2 hours at time and am pretty tired most of the time but I still wake up and sometimes ( to often) can't get back to sleep till after the next change.,
    Sleeping 8 hours straight was shocking.,And I feel rested for the first time in forever.,lol.,Not sure if I can get away with it too often but she wasn't soaked so I was relieved by that.,
    I'm still amazed.,.1tsp an boom boom out go the lights.,

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Time to get back to spiking things.,I made my largest batch of phoney for my Honey yesterday.
    Here's what I did., I put the honey jar in a double boiler on low heat.,while it warmed I mixed the other things together in a pint jar.,use a widemouth here as well for easier emptying.,the oil an lecithin are thick and even at room temp things didn't just slide out of the jar.,
    When the honey is warm and fairly lose.,pour the oil mix into it . I stirred it first with a wooden spoon w/hole just to get it blending a little. Then I put the lid on tight and gave it a good shake.,.Not toooo hard.,.it is honey after all.,
    Get it mixed up really good and put it in the fridge.
    After it cools all the way it is a great spread w/ a bite.,and a punch.,use in tea or juice or straight up.,or use your imagination and enjoy.,
    I am enjoying a teaspoon's effect as I post this.,Happy Friday to all., 20230728_085409.jpg
    20oz warm honey in widemouth quart jar
    5oz tincture,,1000mg. thc each.,
    5-tbsp coconut oil
    2-tbsp lecithin
    This gives a dose of aprox. 40mg. THC per teaspoon.,.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Update.,This phoney is killer.,I have been puffing my turd hash for about a month now and been pleasantly buzzed throughout.,so yesterday when I took this phoney first thing in the morning it seemed like a great idea.,I thought some phoney.,an a few puffs and life is good.,
    Well no puffs were needed.,I did have a few and could have done without.,I was just on the edge of enjoying myself and nodding off.,
    My main use for this phoney is my wife.,She has MS and Schizophrenia and when the skitz rears its ugly head the med's they prescribed take hours to kick in and calm her.,I give her phoney in tea and she is out in 20-30 minutes.,no more screaming.,no more crying.,and she wakes up feeling fine instead of dopey for the next 24 hours.,I have used it 5-6 times for her and it works every time.,

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. When you eat it it goes to you liver and comes of 11 hydroxy witch is said to be about 20 times as potent and lasts 5 times as long. I don't know that to be fact but it's what I've read.

9. BTW, @starguy , your peanut budder is awesome. Your recipe is a little stronger than mine. I'm going to keep some of both because I don't want to keep wasting that 20% (approx) from infusing the oil. I'll just eat two of them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks.,I have changed it a bit from when I first made it by adding the coconut oil and lecithin.,but even without those it still kicks butt.,I doubled the amount of bud from the original recipe I found and never looked back.,It's got to be one of the easiest edibles to make.,. 20230425_172755.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Our recipe are starting to get closer. I have no way of knowing what the strength is. When I make infused oil I try to compensate for the lost oil to end up with a cup of finished. 16 g bud and 1 cup and 2 ounces of c-oil plus lecithin. Then I drain it thru a strainer, no squeezing. Then I take the plant material and make paste to mix with the PB. Next time I make it I'll grind the weed to powder and try 1 ounce to 1 cup. That sounds a little better to me than what I've been doing.

This is not only the easiest but it is kick ass. Approximately 1 table spoon equals 2 of my 75 mg cookies.

• Like Like x 1