Spike_Weeds First Grow, Flowering Stage Spanish White Widow.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by billyeye101, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Whats the indica/sativa %s and what did you use to determin your harvest time? You asked how to make um grow faster,use a pure indica strain:)

2. Don't quite know! All i know is that its Spanish White Widow, came from spain of a friend to another friend etc etc, then i got it!!

ATM it looks like its mostly Sativa, its been growing since 15wks ago! 9wks veg and so far its it 6wks5days in flowering, and im guessing 9/10wks flowering is long enough right?, this is only for the top colas! then they'll get chopped off and the light will be lowered for the lower bud sights! so please dont pay any attention to the lower buds thanks.!! top ones only for now.

How long would you flower for? and i do know now that Indica Strains don't take long at all.

Is'nt it true tho that the more you wait the better it is? answer that Ocitown:p

3. Well dont mind if i do,Answer is really NO! You need to get a 30-100x magnifier like NOW,there $10.00 at radio shack and if they say "We dont have them" Tell um to look it up on their computer.Sativa will gen. give you a soaring head high,sometimes some paranoia -remember? Indica gen. gives a bit of a stronger couch lock high,the kind where you watch tv and cant reach the remote or your water bottle and wish it to float to you or ask someone 2 feet away to hand it to ya.When a harvest is done right a mag. glass is used,really expirenced ppl can go by looks with enough grows.But go by the tricomes color and you can control the high somewhat,they start clear with very low THC and the hairs are white.As the hairs turn redish more the THC is growing and the high will become more of a couch lock high as the hairs get more red,this red color is with only your eye.The glass will show the crystals like a mushroom head on a stalk and will start clear and become an amber color,most harvest at ~70% amber but again you can somewhat control that by waiting for an all amber color.If you wait too long the canabinoids (good stuff) will become lost,so no the more you wait the better it is NOT.Hope that is what you were looking for?:DI know you are not in the US so you may not have radio shacks but you will find what you need.

4. It's completely strain dependent. Some indica dominant strains will flower in 7 weeks. Sativa strains can take 12 weeks or more.

I'm not sure how closely related Spanish White Widow is to regular WW, but regular WW is 60% indica and will finish in about 8 weeks.

And Ocitown is right. The only way to be sure is to check your trichs under strong magnification. Once the hairs start to turn you know you're close and that's the time to break out the microscope.

5. Bloody hell!! what an answer, my heads bangin :D.

Im from the uk.

So by my recent pics what do you reckon my stage is at?

I also want the couch effect i like that in some weeds, which i often DONT get:( by the look of my eyes only it looks like 40% amber on the top colas and say 20% on the lower buds.

Very interesting topic we're having here might i say mate?:smoking: im kinda pickled!!

6. im not really sure either!! im guessin i need this 30-100x magnifier then? dunno where to find one lol Argos? which is a superstore

7. You can use a jeweler's loupe as well. Those come in anywhere from 5x-30x, and are fairly cheap.

8. Search for "pocket microscope". They're all over on e-bay.

9. And stop all nutes two weeks prior to harvest,so keep a close eye on those trics/hairs so you start the flush at the best time.

10. Yea,your 50hz gave your location away from your 1st post on this thread.You got some time to go,but you need to decide to flush 2 weeks prior to harvest,go 80% red hairs for the couch lock.Many ppl harvest w/o knowing and do it to soon,only to add to the problem they dont dry or even cure the right way which is what seperates weed from great weed.

11. Got one on amazon for $3.00 they give ya $30.00 for startin a cc with them but i used the $30.00 and ran.

12. looks like some buds almost ready to smoke there. Can I have some?:)

13. I will go shopping tomorrow and find out where i can get one but i will get one!! then ill post a shot of the triches!! then you guys can tell is whats the crack etc etc, i wanna grow the top nugs for 11wks and ill start the flush 1st Dec, then it should be ready for harvesting 14th Dec:D

My mate is going to harvest it in a loft so it shud be good, he knows what to do for harvesting as hes done this many times before, before i new him tho.

I'm still canning the popcorn bud hehe ill post a pic in abit. so im gussing you new where i lived well done there! UK is a tiny island:p im surprised its still floating lmao!!:smoking:

GrowMaster83:
    Not being nasty but NO WAY MAN!! I did'nt grow this 15wks in to hand it out for FREE:devious: don't be silly LOL but thanks anyway. And i want my buds to be abit bigger than they are now.

ocitown I'm sure my mate will know all this but i will tell him thanks, and i know when i flush 2wks before harvest! i stop all nutes-ferts etc BUT can i still water it?

Help_Needed Ill get one form my local jewelers thanks bud.

14. Water only the last two weeks but cut all water a couple of days just before the cut,this will only help in the drying process and wont affect the buds at all.And i hope your planned dates of flush and harvest are based on those 80% red hairs or better yet on using a glass to make sure the trics are mostly amber and not on some guess of time?

15. By then i think the buds will be almost 80%red, will post pic soon and you can guess if its going to work or not.

16. 7wks flowering update:

I think my colas have stopped growing!! please help:confused: unless you guys think not,

17. By then at 80% you mean harvest not flush right?

18. Harvest yes.

19. That's normal. During the last few weeks of flowering the bud production will slow down significantly. It never stops completely, but it sure looks like it.