Spike_Weeds First Grow, Flowering Stage Spanish White Widow.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by billyeye101, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Keep up the great work spike!

2. Its actually going to be 10on 14off sorry for the mistake. Shes going strong and im adding a bottle of water to the grow room with lid off to give it a better humidity etc etc

3. Give us the humitity #s if you can bro.

4. Don't go 10 on 14 off IMO. This robs the plant of 2 hours of precious flowering light which may ripen buds quicker at the end but, will result in a smaller yield.

5. cant give out humidity as i dont have any controls which tell you the humidity.

Its going 10/14 and its staying that way bro, you wil see results next week not give anymore updates till then.

Thanks for ya help guys and my baby is still doing strong, she's filling out lots!!:D

6. Well its been awhile since i last updated, here's a nice update for you all.

It's been 5 weeks flowering so far and they are filling out at last.

Enjoy the pics ppl,
    :hello:

7. Bump, pump pump it up!:D

8. Come on peeps, unless my grow is no longer popular:confused:

Then i will stop posting, i really do like feedback:eek:

Will update tonight;)

9. looks like a solid grow you got here. You have alot more patience than I, vegging for 9 weeks and 12 week flower time. Seems like the CFLs are doin there job quite nicely.

Did you trim the leaves of your plant or is it just kinda bare? kinda hard to tell from the most recent pics.

GL on your harvest :)

10. Looks like you could use your stems for some good asparagus.

11. I did trim the leaves off not once but twice, it lets more light around and on top of the buds.

Ive still got another 4/5 weeks to go 3 weeks till flushing:rolleyes:

I just hope they fill out alot more, and yes the stems would make a lovely cup of tea!!

Its a tall motha fucka stretched it too much during the end of veg:(

Will update tomorrow!

Thanks for the replys:smoke:

Ps: do you all want a overall shot of the intire grow room + baby??

12. Yeah those narrow pictures are wierd. Otherwise plants look fine from what I can tell. Don't trim anything else. Trimming now would hault THC production.

13. True true trimming now would probs stall the baby:D

Its all but buds now, enjoy the pics,

Feedback ready or just ask me questions.

1st pic is a trim sample of the burnt nug (VERY NICE INDEED):smoking:

2nd pic is an overall shot of the baby, hope its ok guys.

3rd pic is the four top nugs they look lovely but very small but are still filling out (any ideas on how to make them grow faster?).

4th pic is the two left nugs in a zoom shot.

5th pic is the two right nugs in a zoom shot, (as you can see the tallest nug is greedy tis why it got burnt) what can i say dunno why it happened:(.

6th pic is the section where i topped it and all the lower bud sights (after all the top nugs are ready for harvesting then i will snip them off and then drop the light for the lower buds:D) - im not greedy. Its my 1st & only grow to be!

7th pic is another zoom of the top nugs only 3 nugs in this pic. enjoy.

8th pic is strange to you guys, its the 3 top nugs with the stems added.

9th pic is cool its top, middle & bottom:D

Hope you all have fun looking at the pics.
    ta for now as im getting stoned:smoking:

14. I think trimming off all those big fan leaves is going to affect your yield drastically. Sure you have more light penetration but why do you need it at the bottom if your using a compact fluorescent. You should have left all the giant fan leaves on top and cut all the bottom chutes and fan leaves off. Then you would have had all the growth on the top closer to the light with fatter colas (more bud over all). Those buds are taking in so little energy from the light because the leaves are so small. Now the buds need to compensate by growing out the fan leaves again and putting new growth into the leaves instead of the buds. Sorry to criticize.

15. Its ok i think i did over trim but its too late now and its doing its best, im not bothered what size buds i end up with;) as i said im just gonna snip the top half when ready then lower the light for the lower sections, its the way i wanted it. The buds have stopped growing the outer leaves well the top ones anyway, the buds themselfs are filling out quite lovely.

16. Its ok i understand but what do i do now? of course ill leave all leafs on no more trimming etc so what shud i do then? got any ideas, ive already lowered light another 4inchs hope that does summit. thanks anyway Swa_Swa:smoke: PEACE

17. Update, ive just took 1 nug off since this one was burnt and is starting to dry quicker, all nugs are now even. Lots of pics so please enjoy them and tell is what you guys think thanks.

6wks 3days from switch over 18/6 to 10/12;)

New leafs are growing so im abit happier now, maybe the buds will fill out more.

ps: the nug we cut off is in the pics me and my so so chopped it in half - shit my scales did'nt work so who care LOL:rolleyes: see yas later...:smoke:

Also,
    Whats the best way to dry n cure the bud? just an easy way please no biggy here.. thanks

On another note why are the leafs going white on the tips, all over infact.

18. ok ive sorted out the bud sample, im using the canning cure, atm im using a cocktail shaker its cool and im also removing the lid for 4hrs a day so its like lid on 20hrs lid off 4hrs etc dunno how long to do it for as its startin to smell real good not even dryin out that much, its only been a day so ill see whats its like in a week;) ta for now..

19. I can't believe the plant actually bloomed under that dinky lighting system of yours.

20. Alot of ppl use these kind of lights and it does good at the end results.. HPS is the way to go so no need to tell is that! i just had money probs and i did'nt want high electric bills.

Thanks anyway tho.;)