Spiders Or Spider Mites?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by noizviolation, Jun 18, 2014.

1. I always see these in our front flower beds and on the concrete steps and hand rails. I always thought they were spiders, anyone?

Attached Files:

2. lookin llike spiders,,,they aint mites mites are much smaller,,,,mac

3. this is what sider mites look like and the damage they do to the leaves,this is the two spotted mite,the red looks the same only red,,, View attachment 1481048

spider-mites-cannabis-yellow-spots-sm.jpg  hope this helps you ,,,mac

4. #4 noizviolation, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    Oh wow, thank you so much!

Yes so very helpful :)

5. Look very closely for 6 legs, pair of antenna and the telltale dual exhaust nubs. If they fit that description they are likely aphids. Cant tell from images if those have 8 legs or 6 + 2 antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. ----------------
    ---------------- 
    the pictures show twospotted spider mites aphids look a lot different,,,,,mac

7. Not talking about your pics, they're nothing like what the OP posted. As you said too big to be 2 spotted mites.

8. #8 mactheman, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    this what Aphids look like  growers R us..nothing like spider mites.,,,,,,mac

download (1).jpg   download.jpg

ps plus Aphids also come in red and black as well as the green shown above,,mac

9. ===============
    no worries ,,,i was just trying to get the right pictures up...and show the difference from mites to Aphids,,,,,mac

10. Aphids take many forms. Google red aphids.

11. ---------------
    yea but they dont look like mites,,,,,lol....mac