Spiders (not mites) spinning webs all over my plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by U S S R, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Hey guys, question here. I have two outdoor plants and to make a long story short, I have a bunch of different types of spiders (big and small regular spiders but definitely not spider mites) that have made a home of my plants. When the light hits at a certain angle in the morning, I can see web structures all over both plants.

They’re not necessarily dense or covering the buds, but they’re all around the plant spanning between leaves, between trellising, and even bridging between the two plants themselves (about 4 feet apart.) There are plenty of webs near bud sites, although none are actually encapsulating buds. It seems like regular spiders are just setting up a ton of webs to catch food and using my plants as a home base.

My question is, what should I do about this? I don’t think it’s necessarily harming my plants but I don’t want a bunch of Webby weed when it comes time to harvest. The only option I could think of is to just take a hose vacuum and manually remove as much as I can but I’m sure I’ll miss a bunch of spots. Any advice?

2. I've noticed little strains from spiders on my plants, it may just happen. My advice is just move and shake the plants daily and pick off or swat away any webs or strains you see forming. Try to find any spiders crawling around and get rid of them. I don't think most spiders are a problem to plants, I've seen a few friendly looking ones on the hunt for other bugs im pretty sure.