Spiders? Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GokuSmokesDank, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Plant 1

[​IMG]

Plant 2

[​IMG]

Ok so this morning both of my plants are showing their second set of true leaves. They both seem healthy besides plant 2 which has a tan spot on a bottom leaf and 2 spots on a new true leaf. I'm not sure what is causing the tan spots so any help would be appreciated on that.

Secondly I came out to find two little black spiders (one can be seen on plant 1) on plant 1. No spiders were on the second plant though. My question is, should I leave these guys here to take care of pests or will they be even worst pests. I don't want to many webs built on my plant but I also want a way to keep dangerous pests away and this would seem the most natural way.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. i purposely put spiders on my plants and let them build their spiderwebs. just keep an eye on them. they wont make spidermite type of webs that are a little impossible to unravel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. everytime I trim my plants I end up getting bit a couple times. bastards. they do their job though. i have personally seen them catch grasshoppers which dont really have that many natural predators once they get bulky

• Like Like x 1
  4. The web or the spider? I don't want to be near a spider that can catch a fucking grasshopper

• Like Like x 1
  5. spiders are very good. I try to keep a population going in my grow tent, and encourage spiders to nest in my outdoor plants as ganja guardians.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lady bugs are good too

• Like Like x 1
  7. lady bugs are good too. especially for the smaller bugs. but for like thrips, grasshoppers and leafhoppers, spiders will be a good natural defense. those bugs are too fast for lady bugs.

hehe yea man, Ill end up with a pretty fat welt here n there. building tolerance if anything lol

8. the web will catch the grasshopper, then the spider pops out of no where and wraps it up. yea some of them look pretty nasty lol. i try not to think of it when trimming leaves

• Like Like x 1
  9. This. Very good...and cuddly too.
    20170627_194824.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. lol. f%@# tht

• Like Like x 1
  11. This lil guy is so cute too :)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. if I had a mendo size tree Id throw a couple of those in there lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cool bro! I've been out done lol.

:smoke:

14. lol the perks of watching youtube videos and remembering shit like "bird eating spider" (yeah that mfker eats birds apparently) :smoking:

• Informative Informative x 1