Spiders : Destroy or Let live

Discussion in 'General' started by PipeDude, Sep 27, 2010.

1. The only time I kill a spider is if it walking on my floor or on a desk or table or something. If it is outside or in the corner I will let it do it's thing because it isn't bothering me. But I have some serious arachnophobia and I tense up every time I see a spider so if it gets too close, it's gonna die. I am fortunate enough to live in an area where there aren't really any harmful spiders that are common around here. I have no real risk of anything more than a bite that will heal up in a day or so.

2. i kill poisonous spiders... like on sunday i killed a BIGASS black widow on a wall outside my church.
    but normally i dont mind em as long as they dont touch me... not their fault theyre spiders.

3. Kill them. Kill them dead.

4. black widows get executed.

daddy long legs and others are allowed to live, but their webs are fair game.

5. I know what you mean about having a complicated relationship with spiders. I have never really enjoyed spiders, but I try not to kill them...sometimes that's the first impulse, especially if they are crawling on me somewhere. I think I am slightly afraid of them and I'm trying to break myself of that. Who knows, live and let live. :smoke:

6. Now....most spiders I dont have problems with. I can hold a tarantula, I do get freaked out by them if I just randomly saw one on my arm, but I really hate the ones that jump! Those jumping motherfuckers are scary!:smoke:

7. that's a really, really good point.

8. Any spider that is bigger than a pin head scares the living daylights out of me. it's the way they move which paralyzes me with pure, undiluted fear... But I don't hate them and I'd never kill any animal / insect. And I think anyone who does things like that just because they're "creepy" needs to be taught a lesson.

/rant.

Though I am from Scotland and we don't have any poisonous things here. It's only forgivable in a live or die situation...

9. Oh fuck. Dont get me started,

you will laugh your ass off to this story

So Im chillin' yesterday, smoking, hangin out in my basement, it's Sunday, relaxing. Im sitting in this chair watching tv which was to the right, so I was at an angle. I then look straight, for no reason to see the thinest thread of spider web right across my face basically. Not on my face but It was just there. I was like WTF? I've been sitting here and theres a web in my face. SO I turn to the left to see the fucking spider making it. Now, I'm high and terrified of spiders. This spider was HUGE. Fucking long ass legs, brown and black, making a web 2 inches away from me. So, I have to run through the web to get out and I had NO idea where the spider went.

There are spiders everywhere in my basement but this.. this is a bitch. Fucking terrified me. Ruined my buzz and everything.

The real kicker is, I CAN'T FIND IT. Idk where it went.
    My friend was sitting next to me on a couch but didn't notice until I ran screaming like a little girl. He still thinks Im just a crackhead and there was no spider.

10. Just stay out of my house.

11. If I broke into their house then I'd probably deserve it.

12. Bro right? they like infest my area when i first moved here i was hands and knees digging something and a huge one came out from under a rock and crawled on my hand and i like had this huge mental breakdown freakout where i stabbed it with a shovel over and over... i dont like spiders lol

13. I kill all spiders except for the big ass yellow ones who chill by my porch. They're always in their web, so it doesn't freak me out.

14. These?

[​IMG]

Camel spiders UGHHH.

Oh heres something that should freak everyone here out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbgsCLaAQY]YouTube - Camel Spider Eating Lunch[/ame]

15. WAY uncool bro lmao now imma be looking everytime something moves in the shadow of my room tonight

16. Why kill them, they aren't bothering anything

Unless they're deadly. Then it's time to tango

17. When I see a spider in my house I smile and wonder how many mosquitoes are dead thanks to her.
    I don't understand people who are afraid of them. After all, it's just an animal, but with 8 legs.

18. i like to let colonies of them build huge nasty intricate webs in the corners of my ceilings and floors to catch all the flies and mosquitoes and grasshoppers and shit, i even encourage it with occasional spider snacks, but once they leave the web and start crawling around the walls and shit i gotta kill em

19. I run them over with my remote control truck.

20. I don't have that much poisonous spiders in mah area, so it's chill.

Though i had one in the room, he was chill. He stayed in his web all the time, ate all the flies i gave him and even got blown a smoke or two ^^