spiders.... and webbing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Serious Eric, May 24, 2007.

1. my plants are outdoors. so what do i do if i find a spider on my plant... no biggie right? if anything they keep the gnats away. but when harvest season comes, the buds may have webs on them, what would i do? obviously remove it...right? but it'll take some trichs with it. just curious. but no one wants to smoke spider webs... or even worse.... spider-eggs.
    as of right now everytime im at my plants i just pull away the webs... and they are back the next time im there. im just asking for future reference. i've also heard of spider-mites.... I assume those are different then the average spider. what do yall think???!

Eric

2. interesting......i would hate to be smokin' a joint and listen to the spider eggs poppin and burning, and have a bunch of spiders crawl outa the grinder when i open it. lol.

3. KEEP it the lil spider will eat the bugs that want to eat your plants...they wont lay eggs in your weed i had a thread about this last yr ill give you the link if i can find it

4. I agree (for whatever that's worth). Personally I don't think removing webs is going to cause any noticable damage to trichs, if any. Unless you can see specifically where a spider is harming the plant I would leave it be until harvest. It'll more then likely move on by itself (or be eaten by something bigger) anyway before then.

That or just bombard the site with Sevin dust and that should get rid of all your pest issues for awhile.

5. Spiders are harmless to the plant, and yeah you'd want to remove any webbing before harvest.. They can feed off of insects that would damage ur plants...

Just make sure these are not spider-mites... A bad spider mite infestation looks like spider webbing around your buds, and these do feed off the plant.....

Any yellowing or browning spots on the leaves? A good way to check for spider mites is to hold a white piece of paper under the suspecting branch, and shaking it over the paper to inspect for red, yellow, or black crawling dots. or rubbing the paper on suspecting area and inspect for red-yellow streaks on the paper (thats mite blood)

6. Get rid of the spider right away. It's not going to catch any pests, just make it's home in your buds. How many spiders are there, anyway?

If you're growing outdoors you have to monitor your plants more than once a day for pests. One little spider isn't going to do all that work for you.

The worst is when one little moth comes around and lays a thousand eggs on your plants. They look like little white dots. The pupa will DESTROY your buds in a very short time.

Get out there and start inspecting your grow. I'd go thru every bud, and every leaf looking for pests.

Eventually the spider is going to die in one of your buds and then you might smoke him.