Spidermite :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by P0tthead, Mar 16, 2015.

1. So I took some clones from my closet and put them in my basement where I just built a veg work bench. 2 days into the basement and I noticed my plants have taken on spidermites (I think). I can see very small leaf damage. There's also little yellow worm or grub looking things that I see crawling around
    When I look at the bottom of the leaf I noticed little black specs. So I believe I have spidermites and another pest.

My grow tent in my basement is in the same room. These plants have not seem to have been affected or taken on any spidermites. They are growing beautifully. But as far as my new plants are concerned I have no idea where they came from or how to prevent it from happening. They are about 4 weeks into veg.

I got some neem oil yesterday and I doused my plants in them. Both top and bottom. I will most likely do this daily.

Any advice? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426529481.995740.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426529505.257538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Before you start dousing your plant with stuff daily you have to figure out what pest your plant has. Neem is not an all purpose pest eradicator. Get a magnifier and figure out what it is. It looks like thrips damage to me. If your plant has thrips, spray them with spinosad. Neem won't kill thrips.

3. #3 jay719, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Neem oil definitely works, but I rey to help it a bit. Spider mites thrive in hot, dry, stagnant environments. Lowering temps, increasing humidity, and adding fans for circulation will help the neem oil do its job.

I agree with the above poster as well, make sure its mites before treating for the wrong thing.