1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Spidermite Question

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by malawicob, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Is this the famous spidermite? How do I get ridd of it?

Attached Files:

2. did u magnify the pic?they are very,very tiny. but you can still see them. but not like in the pic unless u magnified it. usually if there is one there are more. and there will be little webs. but if it is, all u need to do is use some dishsoap and water and spray the bitches down. i use that on my house plants. and watch. they are sneaky little buggers. they'll spread to all your plants. i don't grow so i hope someone posts some other info for you too. but i don't think it'll hurt your babies any using dishsoap and water. spray it down good.maybe use clean water after a bit, just to rinse off the soap.i hope i helped. good luck!

3. hmmm well, i was just lookin at the pic again i don't think it is. too big and no webs and there is only one. unless you have seen more i wouldn't say it is. but you can use the soap and water just in case. hopefully someone can tell for sure if it is spidermites.

4. That's regular old garden spider - DO NOT KILL HIM. These guys are beneficial because they eat harmful bugs. I have one in my grow pot right now, he's a cool dude.

In addition, since I'm growing in my garage, I put the cat in there 1 night a week to make sure I don't suffer a rodent problem - those fuckers can eat your entire crop in one night...

5. HIGH All, just as rlw said, "Just let him go about his business". Here is a good pic of a twospotted spider mite which is the most common of the Borg.

6. Thanks for the excellent pic of the "real" spidermite. It looks so tiny, I am shure one would not be able to spot them without a magnifying glass.
    As for the house spider, I will let it be.

Grasscity Deals Near You