Spidermite Question

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by KSGrower, Oct 19, 2006.

1. I noticed 1 or 2 spidermites, walking black dots and a few cream colour spots so i pulled the two leafs it was on off, as I had no time to deal with them and wouldnt be around for a few days, anyway I havent seen anything of the spidermites since, nothing on any of the leaves or buds, then some guy at a hydro shop told me they would be inside my buds, i bought some spray stuff for it but as my plants have been in 12hours dark for 4 weeks I am unsure as to if I should spray or not as I cant see anything and dont want to ruin my buds with mold etc, is it true that they are now inside my buds and that is why i cant see them?? or did they guy just make a fast buck out of me? I havent opened the bottle so I can always get my money back if they guy was talking sh1t.

Thank you again

2. you were taken, they arent bashfull and do not hide

3. I thought that was the case, thanks for the advice I will be paying him a visit shortly

4. spider mites are very small but will quickly take over a grow. if you have two, there are more.

5. I have just noticed a few more spider mites on my leafs but I am concerned that it's too late to spray, it is 5 weeks today since I went to 12/12 lighting and I am worried that if I spray I will mess up all my hard work, mold issues, or just ruining the smoke etc, but on the other hand if I sdont do anything I could find myself with unsmokable buds, I have photos to show how far they are if that helps.

What should I do, spray or not?

Thanks

6. i would say spray "carefully" and hang some no pest strips.

7. KSGrower
    Ive read neem oil can be used up to 2 weeks before harvest