Spider Mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Roory, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Already so our whole grow room upstairs was completely infested with spider mites. My roommate didn't really care for them over winter break. We took all the plants out and cleaned the room, sprayed the carpet/plants (doctor doom), and shook out the tarps underneath. This pretty much got rid of them but I was wondering what effects this could have on our yield.

2. it will lower your yeild if you got spider mites i think, im pretty sure thats why a few of my plants my last grow didnt yeild much. a good neem dunk or spraying before going into flower is always a good precaution as well.

3. You can control spider mites with a $6.00 "HOT SHOT NO PEST STRIP". They're sold at Lowes, Home Depot and most hardware stores. They emit a vapor that knocks down all insects for up to 4 mos. I've used since June of 2008 and haven"t had mites since.

4. SOMEONE TOLD ME THESE THINGS SUCK. SOMEONE TOLD ME THEY WORK. CAN I GET YOUR ADVICE?????? WOULD YOU RECMOEND THIS PRODUCT TO OTHERS!!! :smoke:

5. he just did reccomend it to everyone saying he used it and it worked.

6. Well thanks for that man i guess i didnt notice that before. But i went ahead and got them for myself to find out they do work i recomend them to everyone!!!

7. First thing you do is lower your temp and increase your humidity. This slows down the reproductive rate of spider mite.

Then you get your favorite spray(s) and spray once (wait three days), spray (wait three days) spray and then you spray while alternative your chemicals very 5-7 days.

Basically you're eradicating the adults and others as they go from nymph to adult. After that you are in control mode for the rest of the crop.

Also nymphs can be protected from chemicals while molting their old shell as theres an air bubble between the new shell and the old one.