Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spider mites.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GixaRed, Apr 17, 2018.

1. How the hell do I get rid of these little fuckers. My plants are in the first weeks of flowering and the mites have infested the plant. I've heard a million different things to get rid of them but no luck. Does anyone here know a secret trick or something that almost 100% does the job. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Edit: I am relying on this last plant to come through or else I'm finished. So I'll use any method possible, thanks

3. The best cure I've found is predator mites. A good horticulture supplier should have them. The mites eat the spider mites, then eat each other, then the last one dies. I've used these in a production greenhouse with great success.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree predator bugs is the way to go. Some of the sprays work I guess too. But if you’re late in flower I wouldn’t go that route. Even the ones they say are safe and won’t taste like anything aren’t and do.

• Like Like x 2
  5. How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap (news - 2014)
    How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap | Hunker

Insecticidal soaps will kill mites by stripping off their waxy coating so they die of dehydration. It works just as well as you do! If you do a half-assed job, and miss the underside of your leaves, the mites will survive. If you do a good job of spraying, you still have to repeat it a few times, like every 3 days until the mites are gone. But it DOES work!

One of the nice things about using soap, is that it is easy to rinse off the next day, unlike poisons. So your plants will have no nasty residues on them. Also, mites can NOT become resistant to dehydration, like they do to poisons. And soap and water is perfectly safe to use around children and pets.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I'm with Granny, I would use the soap. It is also beneficial to provide an environment in which they have trouble thriving. High humidity, lower temps at night, and a strong breeze will discourage them while the soap does its job.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks like my current plants survived but I'll use this if I have the same problem. Thanks alot guys!

8. soap is the way to go. easy cheap and efficient.