Spider Mites

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brendanptolemy, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any product suggestions for Canadians. I have the “two spotted” mites on plants entering week three of flower. I used Safers insecticide soap, then two days later dr. Dooms mite knockout aerosol. I made the mistake of not doing enough research with dr. Doom and ended up burning four of my veging plants. I can’t seem to find any foggers here in Canada. Any recommendations?

ISO & Water? What ratio?

Second grow:
    Blue Dream & OG Kush
    Day 22 of flower
    Temp: 21-25c ( 70-77f)
    RH: 39-55%
    GH Nutes
    Promix/coco

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. You can get the foggers online @eBay. There's a food grade powder called DE. It's a pure silica product. Organic and you can eat it also. It works magic. It tears all bugs bitch assess open causing them to dehydrate and dry out plus suffocated. You can wash it off the next day if you want but it's food grade so it won't hurt your flowers. Powder can work at least the first 2/3 of your grow with no chemical/oil made Shit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. De is diatomaceous earth. It's fossils that are thousands of years old that are silica, not calcium based. ground-up into powder. look into it it's good for your body to consume as well

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I sprinkle that shit around my whole grow it kills almost everything even springtails

• Like Like x 2
  5. By far the best product I've used to eradicate spider mites is Forbid by Bayer. Works EVERY time but u can't buy in Canada so I order it from Amazon or eBay from the sellers that will ship to Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forbid is chemical Shit ain't it?

7. Yup....but it works...
    I don't use in bud tho, only veg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

8. also add a dehumidifier lower your RH should never ever go above 50% aim for 45 % max

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks guys! I didn’t get notifications for your replies so I was pissed off and just about swore off forums!

a little update since the original post.

Day 44, I added a dehumidifier and have the RH down to 40-45. I treated the original Mites with soap and seemed to get rid of them for a bit. Picked up a 800x USB microscope and, well, either their back with a vengeance or never went away in the first place. It’s lights out right now, so I hit them with some Dr. Doom mite spray, I’ll order some DE and some Forbid for the veg room.

Pics.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A little video. Skip ahead to the last 8 seconds, pretty sure the bitch lays an egg.

10. How do I go about applying DE to the plants?

11. Holy shit!! $300 for 8oz?? That can’t be right

12. fuck bro,I HATE these things,How did you get them??And there are foggers that work really good ,not sure if you can use them in flowering but most grow stores sell them,Neem oils good too I guess,I had no luck and lost my indoor crop ended up fogging the shit out of mt tent then cleaning everything with water bleach and then just water .2 years later I m good to go and treat my tent like a lab.

13. I ll send you the link of the one that cleared my tent up

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ya it's pricy stuff. Search for a smaller amount. There are often guys selling one oz containers of it. It is extremely concentrated and will last for a long time. Dosage is roughly 3 ml to 5 gallons of water

• Like Like x 1

15. its layered on the soil i use a 1 inch layer on top ,to dust a plant buy a baby snot thingy suck some up then blow it out at the plant.

• Like Like x 1