Spider mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by canadianchronz, Mar 21, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a bug bomb after their harvest and could answer a few questions for me.

1 Should i remove my carbon filter as it is inside of my room.

2 How long will this prevent the little bastards from coming back

2. Mate bombing your room is a good idea .... just make sure all your electricals are turned off etc ..... shouldn't effect the carbon man .... ummm it won't really stop them from coming back .... well it could if you have a host plant just outside and their just walking in, but i doubt it .... they usually wont travell anymore than ten meters to find another host plant ... so i would say you brought them in on your clones or maybe if you where in the garden and then entered your grow room ...

3. Thanks a lot should I remove the electrical devices ie: light ballast, bulb, heater, or just make sure there is no power going to them. Also I know the bug bomb will not keep the pests away but if u could tell me approx. how long they'll be gone for like a day, a week, a month,

I was also wondering if it would be okay for me to dry my buds in the same room as I grew in because I had a lot of spider mites almost the whole way through my grow and was wondering if they would still be attracted to them or not. I think that it would be okay because the soil is no longer there and that is what draws them there correct. Or should I dry somewhere else just to be safe

thanx

4. there quite a bit you can do , raise the humidity above 80, it will kill them , also this stuff i use called floramite work with no problem it's not really suspose to be sol in cali but i no someone who does, hope your problem is gone :smoking:

5. humidity above 80% doesn't kill them in my country .... maybe yours are different ... but i doubt it man ....
    you don't want high humidity in flowering either .... high humidty encourages Botrytis Cinerea ( bud rot) ... and can makes buds fluffy and spongy .... And mate just turn off your lights n stuff ... but clean the globes afterwards .... well you should clean your globes weekly anyway with a dry soft-knit cloth