Spider mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by revy1010, Dec 10, 2012.

1. I recently discovered very small traces of spider mites on my buds. The planet are almost 6 weeks in to flowering. I only noticed two very small locations on one plant. I removed as much as I could see. And saw what looked like a dead tiny insect in one web. Any advice on what to do? I really hope I can still save the plants.

2. The only thing I would suggest is a difficult decision of using Hot Shot No pest strips. Use it for another week and stop 2 weeks prior to harvest. Use it only a couple hours a day because the release of that chemical is harmful although I dont think it sticks around to harm the buds any.

3. Thanks for the reply! I actually don't think it's spider mites now. I've checked multiple times daily and see no other signs. No more webs. And the plant isn't stressed at all really. My guess is that it may have just been a spider in the room. Bc there are no signs of eggs or anything for that matter. I even looked into white mold developing on the bud bc I couldn't find any bugs. No problem since I just pulled all the matter off though.

4. Should have snapped a photo. I hope that's all it was! Gl