Grasscity - Cyber Monday Sale - up to 70% Discount

spider mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by medicinal27, Oct 14, 2012.

1. I've been battling them for the past year and i can't seem to get rid of them... neem oil doesn't even seem effective on this species of spider mite which kills all the fan leaves of my plants half way through budding as if the buds fuel the mites to reproduce more quickly and eat more leaves. I have no webs anymore just black mites on the bottoms of the leaves and white egg sacks in tiny webs. I neem oil every plant every other day... 48 hours.... doesn't seem to be helping. please help i am tired of growing premature, bug infested weed.

2. I have always used Neem oil with perfect results. what method are you using to apply it?

3. neem is great at preventing bugs, but lousy at killing them off.

when applying neem as a spray, neem should be sprayed right before dusk, or right before the lights turn off (like literally 2-3 minutes before). compounds in neem are photosensitive and will not work properly if not applied at the correct time (not to mention you can burn your plant, like an ant and a magnifying glass).

for killing bugs, i have had no better success than with a product called spinosad. it even killed the japanese beetles on the zucchini and cucumbers this summer!!!! spinosad is a completely organic compound, created by the fermentation of the spinosa bacterium. the brand i used was captain jack's deadbug brew, but there is another brand called "monterray garden spray" that works just the same. Both products are manufactured in the same place by the Eli Lily Co. and sold under two different brand names.

spinosad should be applied like the neem. underneath & on top of the leaves, blah blah blah, you know the drill lol.

use spinosad at 1.5x recommended strength 3 times in a 9 day period. on the 10th day, use your neem. if performed thoroughly, this WILL eradicate your pest problem 100% organically.