Spider Mites: What is the Final Word?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hiigel, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Hi all, Gary here. I've been reading this forum for about a year now and have found a lot of good information and have been able, from that info, produce three crops this last year and two months.

I have asked a few questions and gotten excelent responses and answers. I now pose to you folks the question; How do you get rid of spider mites? I'm using neem oil at the moment, thought I had it under control and what I saw was a nutrient difficiency. I humbly await your response. I would like to know how you've controled them, erradicated them, or live with them.

All and any response would be greatly appretiated.

Hiigel

2. lady bugs!

3. You can use spider-mite predators. Three kind of spider-mite predators are there-- PP, NC, and ML ranging from 60%- 90% humidity and temperatures 50 degrees - 90 degrees Fahrenheit, usually all three are used together (Triple-Threat). For temperatures warmer than 90 degrees Fahrenheit use PP and ML only. For humidities as low as 40%-45% use ML alone. Start with atleast 1 predator for every 20 spider-mites. PP - Phytoseiulus persimilis NC - Neoseiulus californicus ML - Mesoseiulus longipes.

4. Spider mites can be difficult to get rid of. Other than neem oil, you can try safer soap and/or tobacco juice, maybe add a bit of hot pepper juice/powder. Also raise humidity in your grow op. Be sure to thoroughly treat the entire plant, tops and undersides of all leaves, and re-treat.

5. Thanks guys. I tried Safer Brand something, but now have neem oil and it seems to be doing the trick. Ya can't let them go for even a minute but they breed like rabbits!!

Hiigel