Spider mites? or soil mites?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OhioStateBuckeyes, Jul 3, 2011.

1. I spent a year of combatting root aphids and yes they keep coming back. No one in the grow stores had any good suggestions. Someone told me gognats but nowhere on the bottle does it say anything about root aphids.
    Peroxide flush (soil)/ dunk for hydro. In soil follow up with organic controls and predators. In hydro dunk and clean your system completely. Dunk pump in h202 let it work. clean thoroughly. Remove plants and run peroxide flush through your lines. Put your plants back in. spot spray like a mofo, changing up your CONTROLS. Run clean water with B-vit on regular cycles (it wouldn't hurt to run something like hygrozyme during this 24 hr period) . don't want to waste nutes. top feed to flush additional pests. Replace water again. add nutrient as normal add azamax. as anti feedant and suffocant. if this doesn't take them out. and if you still see them you could resort to the END ALL, TOBACCO TEA. dunk and pray. then listen to mother and clean your room, and outside. If you have carpeting outside your room use DE or flea powder and vaccuum. clean all tools. keep on them! I do not reccommend tobacco tea on flowering plants. this is only a last resort before you say fuck it.:mad:

2. #62 ccw7797, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    I bought a hundred Popsicle sticks from Wal-Mart and some craft paint ( white, blue and green) and a can of Tangle Trap from Amazon. Painted half of the stick (I painted each side a different color) let it dry. Then applied Tangle Trap to the painted surface that will be sticking out of the soil, The different colors are to attract the bugs from the plant and soil. Stays sticky even after getting wet or from spraying any natural insecticide. I was able to catch spider mites and gnats as they move around. This helped me a lot.

3. Sweet idea man. We used that tangle trap at my old work and put it around our fig trees to keep ants from getting to the figs. Worked well but nice thinking. How long has it been in use?

4. I have no idea but, I've using it for a year. It's a lot cheaper that buying a sticky bug trap. I think I paid about ten dollars for a 8oz applicator can.

5. Hey guys i have been reading this thread and i have a couple infestations under my belt and wanted to weigh in with my experience.

Azamax - Works if you catch it early enough. but takes time.

Gognats - Works ok if high doses, but high doses stress the shit outta your plants. and it stinks..

H202 - Supposedly in high concentrates it burns them. I use 15mL/2.5 Gallon jug of RO water when drenching. You cant burn your roots with this stuff. The 27% + stuff from hydro stores is ideal. Doesnt work so great as foiliage spray.

Floramite - Wear a mask, LIGHT DOSES

Im currently noticing the beginnings of my 2nd time dealing with mites.  I noticed by the classic droop. I instantly flushed with h202 and am about to again tonight. In the mean time I released about 1000 ladybugs in my tent about 8 hours ago to eat all the ones in the tent, plant and around the plants. I mist with h202 becuase as long as you have a fan you cant really bleach with that either unless you overdose or dont have a fan.

if this 2nd flush doesnt do it with the ladybugs after a few days, im doing 1ml/gallon of floramite and misting/drenching the soil. Then once i clean up the dead lady bugs and its dry i will release the other 500 to prevent further mites.

hope this works im on a grow schedule with my investor :(

6. Middleton's miticide has no cons nosmell no excessive use no burns nothing. All natural and ready to spray 6 bucks ebay