spider mites or Calcium deficiency HELP

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by theLAD, Oct 16, 2013.

1. so i need some help with my little ones can anyone help ? 

Attached Files:

2. #2 GrassT, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    They're fine.

3. you sure? what is it from ?

4. i have holes in my plants ???

5. Try tapping the plant over a sheet of white paper< don't really understand BrassNwood?

6. Get a maginifying glass or scope and check the undersides of the leaves, youll see them moving around ,little orange and black dots. Your plants looks to be getting big, id say transplant them out of those pots to bigger ones soon as well.

7. I do see what could be mild pest damage on that 5th picture. It wouldn't hurt to spray neem a couple of times to be safe. It also helps prevent powdery mildew so it's good stuff to have around. It looks like you might have more than one problem though. The soil looks pretty wet and they are a little yellow from the pics. Yellowing at this young tells me it could be a number of things. Overwatering, not enough light. Low temps. PH issues. I would do the neem and let them dry out a bit before watering and see if that helps. The first few years of growing is all about the trouble shooting. You'll get the hang of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The plants look fine and healthy overall, the pictures close up do show some insect damage, bigger than spider mites and not a serious infestation but something to keep an eye on. Growing outdoors you will always have some insects on your plants and a little chewing on them is normal. If you start to see a lot of it, further steps would be needed of course.