Spider mites!!!ahhh

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by youngrob650, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Every morning I go check up on my plants and I see spider mites. They are really fast I try squishing them with my finger but they always come up.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent spider mites without harming my plants?

2. I'm having the same problem, currently keeping the population down with Safer Insecticidal Soap. The problem is killing the eggs safely. I've heard about SNS 217 and looked for it at my local shops but nothing. Basically it's rosemary oil and they suggested Zero Tolerance which I've had only limited success with on a previous grow.
    After this crop it's bug bomb/sterilization time.

3. I've been battling them for 2 months now with neem oil and no matter how thorough I think I am I always find just a few in obscure places.I'm using a pyrethrium(sp?) aerosol bomb this weekend to get every last bastard in my room.

4. Safer End All kills eggs, larvae, and bugs, it has soap, neem oil and a tiny amount of pyrethrins in it

5. Hey.

Doktor Doom fogger (red can).

Organic Pyrethrum. Good up until 14 dayz before harvest.
    Your budz will look and taste great.

Usually gets em in 1 shot.

It not only takes care of the plant, it
    cleans out the whole room and space too :).

Freak
    :smoke:

6. I found this great organic pesticide! It really works! It doesn't harm your plants at all, and it kills the spider mites and eggs INSTANTLY! You should really look into, because it has done wonders for me! :D

7. If you can deal with a bit of a mess, try diatomeceous earth. Only about $2.50/lb. I dusted my entire room with it, plants and all, and it's been 10 days since ive seen any evidence of those bastards. Totally organic, when wetted it breaks down into silica and calcium.

8. Doc Doom - Wait 3-5 Days

THEN

SNS 217
    SNS 203 Soil Drench - For Eggs

Alternate to

Safer Neem Extract spray
    Neem Drench or more SNS 203 Soil Drench.

Hot Shot No Pest Strip

Be agressive and you WILL win.

9. They work fine, I released 1500 into my buddies flowering room as i have a girl in his room and we fogged last week, the lady bugs keep mites down big time.. if you are flowering and at a point where you do not want to add chems or feel you should not, lady bugs are awesome. They are also great preventative creatures but they do need to have something to eat to survive.. so think about that.

Lady Bugs eat the following:

Aphids
    Scales
    Thrips
    Mites
    white flies
    Various types of worms

10. lady bugs are cool, but i really dont want to put bugs in my house. azamax is extracted azadirachtin from neem oil; azadirachtin is the compound that effects the mites. spray on leaves + use a mixture to water into your soil/medium (it says on the bottle hydro application is ok, but i would use a very weak solution) but be careful to not screw up your soil's pH. clean your room top to bottom (floor, celing, walls, ect.) with bleach and if your problem is that bad i would use the fogger freakbro talked about in addition to what i reccomended above. ^