Spider Mites 2 weeks from flowering????>

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gonjasmokn, Aug 16, 2005.

1. I looked at my plants yesterday inbetween a game of madden on-line when i noticed that some of buttom leaves had a cob web on it and sure enough those FUCKING spider mites are on the bottom of one of my big fat females about ready to be done flowering how much of a problem is this they only seem to be on the bottom right now and only on 1 plant another plant has a few leaves you can see they are startin to get to it but the thing is they will be done here in a weeek and some have about a week an half what should i do to cure this and will it kill my plants before harvest????????!?!??!!

2. I would spray with soap and water,it will not harm your budz :smoke:

3. Ok cool i have been reading and shit and i guess since im so close to flowering and i got some mad buds going i should just try to minimize them take off some of the bad leaves and try to manually pinched the lil fuckers to death and i'll def get some soap and water and wash the leaves its only on one of the plants and very very little on the other i think ill be ok since it just now started hopefully those lil fukers came to LATE!!!!!!!

4. I think i about killed the colony of mites last nite when i got home from work i sat down put the plant in front of me and started killing spider mites when i got done my hand was completely black and green lol so i think i got a lot of em i also checked the leafs after i got done and looked and i couldnt hardly see n e of em left so hopefully doing this everyday will prevent a lot of damage.
    Q) Could this be used to get rid of them they say they are so lil and light that they can get flown from plant to plant just by a lil bit of wind well i have a shop vac with about 3.5 HPS and i was wondering if i used that and didnt suck the leaf down just all the shit on it THE MITES would this work has n e one ever thought about it well im going to try it when i get home im going to get the microscope out and check a leaf before i do it then use the vac and check results ill post tomorrow.

5. Don't use soap on the flowers. It will kill them. Make tobacco-basco, and spray your plants with that. It will kill all the bugs. :)

6. Tobacco-basco? pretty much what it says and some water and spray em?
    Yeah i didnt use no soap and water i just pinched em im so close to harvest and such.