spider mite.......

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playar1, Apr 8, 2011.

1. man why does something have to spoil ur weekend so as uve guessed ive found spider mite in my grow 41 days in flower, its in early stages as theres hardly fuck all but im wondering what would be the best line of defence against these little fuckers?? on a plus note cant be too sad scored some armeggedon 2day (just so happens to be my favorite) and its GOOOOOOOOD!

:)

2. ive been having isues with those little fuckers too...my method is to drown them in the shower,if you can.i do this every 3-4 days seems to keep it under control.;)

3. hmm. i wouldn't spray them this far into flowering. drowning them might cause the bud to mold. personally i would look into lady bugs.

4. i guess it depends on the climate conditions..i allways do this right at the start of ''lights on'' and plants are dry in an hour or so. this is the only way that ive been able to keep it under control never had a mold problem. a strong showering removes most of them and the eggs. it works for me:hello:

5. showering isnt really an option, gonna go on a lady bug hunt 2mora lol

thanks for advice

6. i bought live ladybugs off ebay

ALSO.....

Freakbro has a great system to get rid of mites

7. just found about 20 in the garden so im gonna go set my troops loose in the grow room lol

8. Lady bugs are good. But I have found these little psychopaths kill the spider mites in 24 hours, and the best thing is, they move down into the soil/coco and can live there for the rest of the grow, picking off the mites as quickly as they arrive. Check it out.

Phtyoseiulus Persimilis

I'm sure there is an insect breeder in your country that stocks these little serial killers :)

9. OH: NEVER SPRAY! You may as well smoke some plastic if you do that, even if it is organic, it will fuck your buds, and possibly kill their growth!

10. Let the ladybugs loose when lights are off or they will fly to the lights and die. get some no pest strips and hang them around for 12 hours. Its pretty harmful stuff but what can you do?

11. #11 playar1, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    well i unleashed about 40 lady birds, they seem to be kickin arse. the mites aint that bad yet theres none on any buds just at the base of leaves thanks for all the advice.

aussie those bugs look like they mean buisness, altho i think its a bit mental they come with spidermites but i have found somewhere that will post them without any spidermite mixed in. i dont like the idea of spraying the buds either i firgure ill try and keep it under control for next 3 weeks as thats when grow will end, then spray the shit outta the room when its empty.

ive got two of those strip things hanging up alrdy the sticky ones, had some serious amounts of blue bottle flies at start of the grow lol

wheelin whats freakbros method?

12. ^ awesome, i'd prefer no spider mites mixed in, but it works all the time... These little killers mean biz. Give em a try :)

13. Go to a regular nursery and get a box of ladybugs. They usually come about 1500 per box. Put them in a saucer or dish on the floor and they start flying and crawling all over. If you have a covered light it won't hurt them at all. If you're too far into flowering to wash the buds off then use a vacuum cleaner with a hose. Cup the bud tips with your hand and put the tube on that hand, you can control the air flow by opening or closing your hand around the bud. I know that won't work for large grows but I've kept them at bay for an extra week or so with the ladybug/vacuum combo.
    Good luck, they are a nasty pest!

14. take a shop vac and use no attatchment so you can fit the main colas in the end and suck them away.

Ive had a very bad spider mite problem years ago and didnt know how to fix it. the bugs doubled in population every day and after spraying them with bug-b-gone they just stopped expanding but never went away.

Lady bugs work great but ive never used them. i never liked having them all over the place.

15. i did look into buying ladybirds but the only place in the uk i could find them that sold them wanted £20 for 25 bugs!!! i get that amount in 5mins from hunting for em in my garden lol

also the hoover sounds like a good idea, ill leave that alone for now tho and just hope the ladybirds keep them under control for the next few weeks.

16. No one in Australia sells Lady Bugs... Hmmmm possibly a market to look into :)

17. supposedly there easy to breed as well.

i tell ya what tho ladybugs are stupid i had to fish about 30 out of my resivour 2day.spidermite is still not too bad no buds have webs over them yet.

new problem tho............
    light cycle is 5am-5pm and at 4:30pm over a week ago now the power went out for around 10mins, the reason for this power cut is just too fucking stupid i dont even wanna explain it. i only found out 2day that it happened. The buds did stop growing for about 3days (2days after the cut) then they seemed to pick up again. The plants look good and the buds are a good size but they look a little under developed (they look a week younger than they should) and today is day 44 of flowering.

what damage will this power failure have done?

18. ^ 10 mins? I don't think much damage could have been done in that time mate... Everything should be fine IMO.

19. cool thats good news ty sorry for delay been on 2day fishin trip caught fuck all!!!!!!!!

any ways also good news on the spider mite front turns out ive got red spider mite which im told isnt as bad for the plants as the 2 dotted spider mite. Also the power cut we now think happened at 5:30pm so with a bit of luck the plants didnt get affected at all.

thanks for the advice :)