Spider mite infestation found HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lindsay711, Jan 11, 2014.

1. #1 lindsay711, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    i am freaking out guys

i am an indoor grower and i've only harvested 3-4 times (2-3 plants at each harvest)

i noticed white spots on my white widow and noticed she looked sick but i thought it was because of the colder weather and thought nothing of it

i harvested her and got only like 18g which is half of what i normaly get

so i now have a purple paralysis female that just started flowering a week ago

she also has white spots and i noticed like little spider webs

at first i thought it was just some yarn that got caught in the plant from when i tied her up

but i started to notice it forming around the small buds that r starting to form

did some research and found out i have fucking SPIDERMITES

BUGS OMFG R U SERIOUS?

i saw the black dots and totaly freaked out and drenched the undersides of the leaves but i know thats not going to do much besides slow them down

ive seen like seriously infested plants where its COVERED in web and mine wasnt liek that, i did notice there was more webs near the bottom tho, but they werent seriously developed and i destroyed them when i sprayed them with water.

i need a permanant solution

also how serious of a problem is this?

how fast should this be treated? i was considering ordering Mighty wash on amazon but it'll take a few days to get here, and wanted to ask the community before i did anything, as i know u guys r more experienced than me, ive never had a pest problem before =/

also after i found out it really scared me
    like i was TOUCHING those plants
    what if i have spidermites now?!
    is that a thing?!

2. #2 CoLoKiD, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    I had them to the point of seeing webs on some cola tops! I did a foliar spray with Azamax, 15ml per gallon, and they were 100% dead 12 hours later when I next looked. I was 2-3 weeks from harvest and had no signs of mites at harvest. I now do a foliar every two weeks and have not seen one since. I also use Mighty Wash as mite maintenance spray for anything that comes and goes from plant to plant like trays and pots.....then I wash them and they are ready for reuse. Mite and larva free and a little extra piece of mind.

And don't worry. The mites like foliage, not humans. lol you are mite free.

• Like Like x 2

oh i was so worried that once they started flowering i wouldnt beable to save them

ty so much this is very helpful :D