Spider Mite Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by killingyouu, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 1st time having spider mites and i need a little help picking the way to treat the problem. I'm using a DWC setup and i was wondering if i can buy some kind of additive i can add to the reservoir to solve the problem or will i have to spray?. And if i do end up having to spray what's the best spray to get rid of them with no residual damage to the plants?

2. use a foliar spray of neem oil and set off a pyrethrum fogger or two.

3. [quote name='"sticky banana"']http://www.saferbrand.com/store/garden-care/5110
    Safer brand insecticide soap. Works week for me. Follow up with neem oil.[/quote]

Edit. They have this at home depot, lowes, & Walmart carries it usually as well.

4. i have spidermites too and they are killing all my clones. i have tried the neem oil, foggers and even bleached the room with no luck. ive tried everything i could think of and a few things someone else told me to try with no luck.. im infested so bad its eating me alive. i think im having an allergic reaction to these fkers.. going to docs tomorrow for me but i wish i could save my plants. even moved them to a different room after bleaching it and spraying them down and fogging and still got the lil bastards... anyone have something else i can try that i havent mentioned? id appericate any help at this point.. im ready to give up growin my much needed meds.

5. my best friend told me to use asamax or Floramite, he said 2 applications and there gone. Do you guys/girls have any thoughts on any of these things?

6. You can taste neem oil later if you use it in flower cycle. Foggers work ok, but don't kill the eggs.

Try this: fog first(this will kill the live ones),
    Vent the room out good before you go back in. Not recommended for use in the home.

After an hour or so of venting, go in and soak the underside of ALL foliage and stems with "no spider mites".

No Spider Mites is kinda expensive, but this shit works! Kills live mites AND the eggs.

Do this twice, five days apart, and NO SPIDER MITES! I was absolutely amazed. I've fought these bastards for 20 years, with everything non toxic i could find. Try this, you won't be disappointed.

Soaking underside of leaves COMPLETELY is key. Mites lay eggs next to the leaf veins, and those are the toughest to kill.

7. THIS...

Freak
    :smoke:

8. ill try the fogger and neem oil again. just hate wasting money on a lost cause! i have waited 5 days and re applied the neem oil but didnt get a second fogger.. figured the oil would work but we will see.

9. The "no spider mites" works a lot better than neem oil and doesn't leave the nasty taste that neem oil does.
    Perpetual medical grows where you never completely harvest out a room are the worst to get rid of them in.

10. #11 OhioStateBuckeyes, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    azamax is a purified, stronger, odorless neem oil product that is still considered organic. this is what i personally use, and i havnt had any foliar insects (spider mites, thrips, aphids, ect.) in almost a year since ive started using it.

edit: ^pure mich is right, neem does leave a nasty taste. but azamax doesnt i think. idk, i never had to use it while ive had big buds!! i keep things clean so i spray my last azamax application on day 14 of flowering. i dont use any type of foliar spray or foliar pesticide at all afterward, because i simply have no foliar pests! i may get your occasional insect in the soil from time to time, but thats an easy cure and a different story. but that is why i swear by azamax.

11. Thanks for all the reply's, My attack method so far is azamax on today then in 3 days im gonna use the liquid ladybug to finish them off. I forgot to add that i just caught this mite attack right as it started, I maybe hand killed 40 or so mites off of 3 plants then i couldn't find any more.