Spider farmer sf1000 led

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Popcorn, May 27, 2020.

1. #1 Popcorn, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    I am going to use the lighting thread for this journal since I am reviewing the SF-1000 plug and play led light from SPIDER FARMER. I am excited to get it and try it out, it's a quantum board style light that uses top notch SAMSUNG diodes and a MEANWELL XLG-100 driver. It comes in at a reasonable price for a plug and play light around $160 us dollars. Will probably be growing 2 super skunk plants under the light in a 3x3 tent. Just waiting for the final words back from spider farmer and I will let you guys know when its here, might as well do a unboxing while I am at it. Lol this will be the first product I use from spider farmer but If all goes well they seem to have some quality looking tents also. here is a link to the light
    Spider Farmer SF-1000 Led Grow Light Full Spectrum Samsung LM301B diodes Dimmable MeanWell Driver

• Like Like x 3
  2. They don't use top bin diodes and they also only using LM301B last gen. The light will do you well enough though. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

3. That's awesome @Popcorn !! I bought an sf1000 last year and love it!! Good luck with yours!!! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Funny how this forum was bragging about the lm301b not too long ago and now it's"only".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You'll need at least 2 of those, and maybe 3 slightly dimmed.
    Each one will supply (100 watts)/(9 sq ft) = 11 watts/ sq ft

6. How many SF-1000 will you have in the 3x3, one wont be enough to fill that space.

7. lm301b are still good diodes, the newer model (lm301h) is only very slightly better. I dont know if they use top bin though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea I am not to worried about maxing out footprint , it's more to test and give feedback on the single sf1000.i have the 2 5x5 running 4x qb 96 elites. That's where I try to max out footprint. Once I fi ish this full cycle to test light I will likely keep it as my veg light In the 3x3. It will be fine to hold some clones and small veg I am sure but if I have to get another one I will.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah he's a well known member so I think he knows. On that same note not everyone wants wall to wall grows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. U guys think 2xsf600 would be enough for a 2x2 or 2 x sf1000??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. sf-600 is 85w so I would say two in a 2x2 would be good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. U think 2 x sf1000 is too much?
    Overkill?

13. Its max but always nice to be able to run your boards a bit lighter for longevity

• Like Like x 1
  14. Another quick question
    Have a 2x2 with a sf1000 in it
    Would there be any benefit to adding my bestva 1000 burpee led when flowering?

15. Yea I think you will see improved results with adding the other blurple that's assuming it's only 100 watts or so. I think anything you want to try is at least worth a giving a shot once with growing. Good luck hope you enjoy the sf-1000

16. Got my light today first thing I have to note is the incredible quality of the packaging!! Just a couple clips is all for assembling and it was up in literally 2 minutes.Shout out to Epic Led Grow Light Grow Light & Tent & Grow Kits
    For being kind enough to send this out for me to journal. :) obviously I took some pictures as I opened and got it ready, so enjoy. I am going to do a day of testing temps and humidity then I will be putting some mystery autos I popped in there.
    20200602_172901.jpg 20200602_184012.jpg 20200602_184309.jpg 20200602_172847.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kool thanks

18. Alright so here is what we got going on so far 5 autos 4 mystery 1 super skunk.
    20200605_181912.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sf1000 is 2 ft. Above seedling and I will adjust as needed. I will get some lhx readings around the tent sometime this week.

• Like Like x 2