speeding up the finish?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by yyz0, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Will shortening the light on time speed up the ripening of the buds? I have a bagseed grow that was put on 12/12 on November 1, so it's been almost 9weeks since the start. I currently have mixed clear and cloudy trics.

I need to finsh this grow as soon as possible, will moving to say a 10/14 or even shorter speed up the final push to amber? I realize that different strains grow at different speeds but what time would normally take to go from mixed clear/cloudy to mixed cloudy/amber?

thanks

2. flush the plants and make it as cold as you can. that will make the plant think the season is over and it is time to finish

3. I've always wondered what is meant by "flushing"? Is it just not adding any nutes to the water or is it like when I take a house plant and put it in the sink and run a large amount of water through the pot letting it drain out taking built up salts and minerals with it?

I've been using onl;y water and molasses for about 3 weeks now, that's what I thought flushing was. Can't really do the flow through the pot type flushing.

I also can't make it any colder in the grow room.

That's why I was wondering if a shorter light period will speed up the flowering cycle, it's the only thing I could think of that i was able to do. I need to finish this grow asap and get the growroom cleaned out.