speeding ticket

Discussion in 'General' started by Streetlight545, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Can anybody help me out? Ive never gotten a ticket before but a speed camera caught me going 50 in a 30 last night. How expensive of a ticket am i looking at?

2. It varies by state. You can look on your county court's website to find out, though.

In most places, 20+mph over the speed limit is considered reckless driving, though, so you might have a hefty fine on your hands.

3. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']It varies by state. You can look on your county court's website to find out, though.

In most places, 20+mph over the speed limit is considered reckless driving, though, so you might have a hefty fine on your hands.[/quote]

Shit, alright thanks man

4. You deserve the ticket, you were doing 20 over what if you crashed and killed someone?

5. [quote name='"Purp Skurp"']You deserve the ticket, you were doing 20 over what if you crashed and killed someone?[/quote]

I know, i never said i didn't deserve it. It was a pretty bug road and i didnt know the speed limit was so low

6. I accidentally ran a red light at this huge 5 lane intersection once. It was in the middle of the night when I had to pick my dad up from work and I was the only person on the road. Was going at least 50mph. I camera definitely got me but I never received anything in the mail about it.

What if someone crashed and killed someone going the speed limit not breaking and auto laws what so ever?

7. you can fight it.

get a good lawyer. ask him if you can claim "improper equipment"
    this means your speedometer is off or something similar.

if that does not work ask about a "pray for judgement".

a good lawyer would run you around $300-450.

wreckless driving is no joke...your insurance will go up for 3 years. so you have to weigh the pro's & con's.

personally i had 2 wreckless driving tickets when i was younger and my lawyer got them both dismissed. if i hadn't done this i would have spent way more on my insurance than paying for him to represent me.

8. [quote name='"ckycampmember"']you can fight it.

get a good lawyer. ask him if you can claim "improper equipment"
    this means your speedometer is off or something similar.

if that does not work ask about a "pray for judgement".

a good lawyer would run you around $300-450.

wreckless driving is no joke...your insurance will go up for 3 years. so you have to weigh the pro's & con's.

personally i had 2 wreckless driving tickets when i was younger and my lawyer got them both dismissed. if i hadn't done this i would have spent way more on my insurance than paying for him to represent me.[/quote]

He can fight it, but he won't win. It's a pretty cut and dry case.

9. I got a pulled over for 83 in a 65 two weeks ago and its a $285 ticket so you'll probably be somewhere around there

10. I did prayer for judgement one time...You should check into it....I dont think it was for 20 over though.

11. if he does a "prayer for judgment" its a slap on the wrist.

as long as you don't get a speeding ticket in the next 3 years nothing happens.
    but if you get a ticket in the next 3 years this ticket would come back on him as well as the new one.

but i would fight it. a good lawyer can get you out of anything.

pros & cons. nothing is cut & dry in a court of law.

12. 20 mph over is gonna be $300 or so

might have even gone up... that's what it was for me 6 years ago

13. Yeah it's gonna be a hefty fine:(

14. I was 17 going 45 in a 30 and a cop pulled me over even though I was going with the flow of traffic, ticket was about 200$ but I lost my license and had to pay like 700 to get it back :( fuck mass

15. speed camera? wtf? they have those now to? I thought just for Red Lights WTF?!?

16. How are the cops in the your area. I was going 60 in a 30 here and only got careless driving, which is only $85. I was also going 110 on I95 and only got careless driving, $125 that time.

Also, are you black and or a woman?

Im so blazed, hope this made sense :smoke:

17. They gonna find you and throw your law-breakin ass in prison for endangering children. Speeding is serious shit.

18. the da at court will offer you a deal that will dismiss any unsafe driving if you plead guilty to speeding.

its all about the money and this is the quckist most efficent way to do it

19. they're gonna bend you right over and fuck you hard.

20. [quote name='"Streetlight545"']

I know, i never said i didn't deserve it. It was a pretty bug road and i didnt know the speed limit was so low[/quote]

If you can prove the signs are hard to see you might get put of it. But they would really have to be hard to see.