Speeding Ticket/Reckless Driving

Discussion in 'General' started by WookiesAreCool, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Well I was recently pulled over for going 96 in a 65 in the glorious state of New Hampshire.

So my question is, is reckless driving a misdemeanor? And will that affect me later on in life when I'm trying to get a job or a loan?

2. I don't know where you live but in MN it is a misdemeanor so yes it will affect you. I got one a couple months ago and went to court and pleaded guilty for a lesser charge (23 dollar fine, not on my record while the reckless was like 200 something and insurance hikes for 10 years). Make sure you go to court and talk to the City Attorney or District Attorney. They will help you out.

3. Yah, I just got back from New Hampshire and I got hit with a 660 dollar fine (550 +20% court fees) but I keep my liscence and it goes on my MV record not my criminal record.

4. shit, you should of pulled the old Live Free Or Die speach on the cop

5. why do they even let the cars go 95 if your not supposed to go that fast?

6. Because somebody would much rather buy a car that goes 120 instead of 95. Emergencies and stuff too.

7. Silly question R3d... because people want it. And if people want it, it will be sold. (unless it's herb)

As for your predicament, count yourself lucky. I got clocked going over 120 mph. My court date for that is still coming up, I'm a little scared to be honest. I have one of the best traffic lawyers in CO but it IS a jailable offense so, fuck. Pretty much.

I'm to a point with this where I'd suck off the DA to keep my license. I honestly don't want to deal with the DUR's that are unavoidable once I do get it revoked.

Moral of the story... get a fucking radar detector. And if you're going 120+ and don't have plates, and you get clocked... keep going, because you'll get away and won't have to spend the night in jail or fuck with thousands in court $$$.

State troopers just can't go from 0-120+ within any reasonable time. And within a 30 seconds I'd be over a mile away already. God I should of ran...

As for your MV record... that shit applies for driving related jobs only pretty much. So if you're applying at Pizza hut (or a real job that involves driving) they request your MV record. Your offense isn't that big of a deal and shouldn't effect anything. But it IS a smudge on your record.

Too bad you're not a minor... you'd get it erased when you turn 18. Too bad that ships taken off and sank in the middle of the Atlantic a long time ago.

8. I got pulled over doing 110 in a 65 in PA with the same charges, They took my liscence for a year and I got slapped with about the same fine as you.

It will be on your record as far as driving jobs go though, I have a driving job right now for a steel company running loads in and out, they know about my record and all and I have had no problems getting a driving job, this is my third driving job since then.

to tierd and high to make any sense.

9. well in PA if your going 27mph over the speed limit its enough to take your license off you, lucky for me i dont speed, til i get the bike, then i'ma be tryin some ghostrider shit

10. get a radar detector, bro. Ha im ticket free thanks to it

11. Speeding is not reckless driving. If you are changing lanes without signaling, weaving in and out of cars that would be reckless. I heard about a case in Europe were a police chief got a new car and wanted to test it. He drove 120 and a 40mph road. The cops pulled him over and charged him with reckless driving. He goes to court and the judge says he was not reckless he did everyone one should do when driving he just went fast. So in the end he just got a large speeding ticket:hello: