Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Speed up withdrawals?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cpledge11, Dec 1, 2011.

1. I am going on a little break from smoking to sort some things out and because of some bad side effects it's been causing. Every time I quit though I get some pretty rough withdrawals, such as a lot of random sweating, no appetite for weeks, significant weight loss, high anxiety, and some shrinkage. If I take pills like Niacin and other detoxing things will they help speed me through the withdrawals? Do you have any personal tips on how to get through withdrawals?

2. Honestly, chemically speaking weed withdrawals shouldn't be a big issue, the problem is that your psych gets used to having a substance and likes to keep it. I can't really discuss other drugs, BUT I do know that if you have any spare Valium or Ativan, or any other SLIGHT benzo, it'll ease your muscle aches and make you care less about not having weed. I'm not recommending you buy them or steal them, but if you have any left over or prescribed, one low does Xanax, Valium or Ativan should last you about 4 hours and probably help you sleep as well. Just an option.

3. Any withdrawals I can really think of, like loss of appetite and stuff go away after a few days of not smoking. So I can't really help ya there.
    And those "withdrawals" are a lot less than some other drugs. I wouldn't even really call them that...

4. Its all in your head dude. I smoked weed everyday for like 6 months straight and I didn't have ANY withdrawal symptoms when I had to go on a T-break.

5. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']Its all in your head dude. I smoked weed everyday for like 6 months straight and I didn't have ANY withdrawal symptoms when I had to go on a T-break.[/quote]

Yes, and no. I won't deny that some people can smoke for long periods of time and quit cold turkey, but every persons system is different and requires different levels of chemicals in the brain to feel normal, therefor, all I'm suggesting is that something in weed is providing the OP with not only a sense of well-being, but also taking away some common annoying symptoms. Every person's different, it may be all psych, it may not...

6. I don't really get much withdrawal symptoms other than some slight nausea and intense dreams, but drink lots of water, it'll help flush your system quicker. Green tea is really good too because it speeds up your metabolism. For me I don't normally smoke cigs but I find having them helps for something to smoke. I have no trouble giving them up though. I wouldn't recommend them to most people because alot of people find them very addicting.

Oh and omega-3 is probably the best thing on a tbreak because it elevates the mood, increases sex drive, increases testosterone production, and even helps your body make healthy cannabinoid receptors!

7. Thanks for the advise. I will definitely try the omega-3, but I have never been prescribed any benzo, so I will just stay away from those. The main things is my anxiety though. I feel that it is either causing the sweating, shrinkage, and no appetite or it just makes them worse than someone with low anxiety.

8. It's possible that you have social anxiety and those symptoms aren't withdrawal symptoms but are in fact symptoms of the social anxiety. You might find a lot of assistance if you look into that.

9. #9 Brenjin, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    Tolerance is what causes "withdrawals", if any symptoms at all.

When you smoke alot of cannabis your receptors get downregulated accordingly.

If you stop smoking cannabis then your body needs to adjust.

take some Omega 3 fatty acids and some melatonin at night. you should be fine within a couple days after you stop smoking.

If you really take a week or more everytime then i suggest you change your diet up. Your most likely eating alot of corn and corn fed animals which is throwing off your omega 3/ omega 6 ratio, among other things.

10. Sucks to have to stop smoking I feel for u I've smoked every day for the past 6 years every day at least 1.5 to 2 grams can't imagine just stopping cold turkey ....if I really had to id just smoke less less every day till out was easier because I kno it's hard sometimes for some ppl like me