Speed up the process...?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DopeMan460365, May 25, 2007.

1. Okay, I'v got 5 'trial' run seeds germinating with paper towels, but I'v been told the drop them into a glass of lukewarm water for 24 hours will give quick results and a root. Is this true? ALSO my brother told me that he always watered his plants with freshly used bong water, was wodnering if this had any effect?

2. Yes a glass of water works as long as its not to cold or warm. Bong water contains carcinogens, I'd never use it.

3. You usualy drop your seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours, or until they sink to the bottom whichever comes first to sofen up the seed shell, and absorb water quiker, putting your seeds in damp paper towels also does this, but with alittle more time, this is the germination process. If they are already in paper towels theres no point in disturbing them and putting them in a bowl of water.
    Finally, bong water is going to kill your plants, no ifs ands or buts, dont do it.
    Just like misting your buds with sugar water, soda, or any other myth youve heard will do nothing but harm your plant, cant forget pissing in your plants soil also...

4. i think ur brother might be lying to u about the bong water...
    i dont think bong water would be okay to give plants because of ... well i have no reasoning.
    but it dosnt seem like the plant would like dirty ass stanky stale gross ass water...
    i mean would u?
    anyways, i just started another grow... there germinating at this stage and i did the waterbottle thing with the seeds and now theyre in paper towels in a plastic baggy...
    u can check it out if u want, just go to my second grow in my signature .....
    late man

5. Allright thanks for all the advice guys, I'll just wait out the storm for a couple more days and then get them in the ground. I'll lecture my brother on the bong water thing too lol, hopefully I'll have a pic of one of my babies by next week or so, already got names picked out for the girls lol jk