Speed up harvest on a flowering plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Supr3m3, Feb 19, 2013.

1. This is my second grow 50ish days into flower and i'm running in to a few amateur problems. For one I chose a bad final pot to transplant to and the drainage is almost none existent (lesson learned). I never added any nutes until it was to late and the plant already had alot of deficiencies and when i finally did i burnt the hell out of it (lesson learned). My problem now is that the whole thing is almost all yellowed not all from nute burn but from all my problems combined its slowly dying.

In other words I wanna rush it to harvest and stop blowing my electric bill up with the light in my flower room for a half ass dead plant but the trichs are mostly all still clear. Is there a way to speed this process up? I've noticed no new growth in the past ~2 weeks.

2. A few pictures for visual reference. Its hard to see the yellowing under the HPS but you can also see the leaves are rolling up.

Attached Files:

3. Pinch the tip of your penis and rub honey into your belly button, that'll speed up harvest for sure.

You can't simply speed up harvest.

4. Not true. Drop the hours of light. Instead of 12 on and 12 off go 10 on 14 off. It simulates the season's changing even more and gives the plant an "oh shit" moment that it has to hurry up and finish.

5. id give them straight water tonight til overflow then chop in 3 days. ud be around day 60and at least u will get some good out of them if ur in that big a hurry. ive cut my last three at day 68 with the trich reading i want

6. I'll let her go for another week i guess. The reason i'm in such a hurry is that I upgraded the CFLs in my flower room to a 600w HPS and it just seems like a ton of over kill for a half dead plant. My veg room is also pulling alot of juice with 6 plants in there and my electric bill has recently doubled. Decided to stick with one room and just switch lights in and out as needed.

7. What is your strain's predicted flowering time? 8 weeks? 9 weeks?

8. #8 CL4P-TP, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Ummmm not true right back at ya..;)

From the time of pistil onset till amber trichs is genetic.

No light schedule, nutrient regiment, or voodoo witch doctor can speed up flower.

FTR, I've grown same cuts inside on 12/12, and outdoors.....same flower period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. We can just agree to disagree. You think I'm wrong, I think you are.

10. I'm just a little confused I guess. I understand that changing the light cycle would signify a season change, but how would that actually speed up metabolic processes to mature the trichomes faster?

It'd be like shortening the days for a 12 year old so they'd hit puberty quicker, I just don't think it's that easy.

• Like Like x 1

11. It won't speed up anything.^^^^

Here is the correct answer. ^^^^

PW

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well actualllllllllllllly....

Billions of dollars worth of scientific research would argue differently...
    Hell, I can force certain "species" to produce feminized seeds within 2 weeks with a little shock treatment around harvest... I can also slow down the ripening process of the fruit if i think they have matured too rapidly simply by adding 11 minutes to light on cycle so i get bigger numbers at harvest time without losing any perceivable benefits other then a little time...

Proven by doing exactly that over and over again...

What a plant is meant to be or do and in what time period on paper means fuck all....

There is no original strain of sativa or indica left in the world anymore science tells us. hybrids only now.

But I guess gossip and opinion are more fun then facts and data hey ladies? :p

Below are pictures of plants all grown at same time and all from the same mother just grown in different environments and with different food.... How bout dem trippy apples???

Attached Files:

13. And then theres this cocky lil bitch... <3 :love-m3j:

Attached Files:

14. :lmafoe:...Digging up bones here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rofl, woopsy my bad, I saw the date as 2018 i assume, prolly wasn't wearing my glasses? or some other lame excuse :p ... No wonder such statements were made. At the time it was probably the axiom! lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lol got me too

• Like Like x 1
  17. What if you add another 1 of dark? 13-11 since its getting darker quicker, wouldn’t the plant go into overdrive to get done!asap??