Speed Limit

Discussion in 'General' started by ChrispyChris, Jul 13, 2009.

1. This goes out to the Blades that drive. I'm curious about how others drive, compared to myself. I personally, usually drive five or ten miles per hour faster than the speed limit, but it can get worse depending on where I'm at. Recently I've been trying to cut down and actually follow the speed limit, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

What are you habits when you drive? Do you speed, or follow the posted limit? Let me know, because I'm curious.

2. Since having a 6 month suspension for speeding I usually stick to about 5 over. 10 over on highways

3. I drive 40 on reg streets 75 on highways

4. That sucks, now I'm going to watch out for cops even more than I already do :devious:. Haha.

5. Sober - I drive the speed limit. If traffic is a little heavier and is moving faster, I go with the flow.

Stoned - I drive 10 mph under because I swear it feels like I'm going really fast, but I look down and I see I'm barely doing 20mph.

6. I only go five over...anywhere

7. stoned-usually never over 40mph i like to enjoy myself.

but i dont do that too often, in a 65 i will go around 65 mabey a lil higher, in a 55 i go 65, in a 75 i go a lil over as well

8. Depends on whether or not there is anything illegal in the car.

9. Before I got my first ticket I would go 85-90 for very long stretches on the PA turnpike. Now I put the cruise control at 75 all the time and people still pass me at 90+. On other roads I usually go 5-10 over, depending on the traffic.

I think speed limits should go up 10 mph, I can't stand how slow it gets. I just don't see why they can't go up but I guess there's a lot of bad drivers out there??

10. I go about 10 over usually. In 25 mph zones I tend to do 30. In one part of my town there is a very populated road where the posted limit is 35 and yet everyone goes 50-60 mph because of the length of the road. If you were to do the actual speed limit all the way through that area... :rolleyes: If I ever get a speeding ticket, that's where it will be. And it will hurt. :mad:

11. I drive 90-95+ interstate all the way to the exit, and usually on regular roads, speed limits would be 40-45, I keep at 60-70ish. But pretty much, other people keep at 50-60 too though.

12. ha same here. i always find that people are piling up behind me when i'm driving high

otherwise, i usually drive like 10 miles over and skipping and cutting lanes

13. I drive always 5 over, occasionally 10.
    On freeways though, I'm always around 85-90 so thats like 20ish over I guess.

14. I always though you were okay at up to 15mph over the posted limit. Cops wouldn't pull you over.

I will hit 90 occassionally if I want to pass someone, but I usually go between 75 and 80 on the highway, and around 40 on normal streets (50-55 on bigger avenues, if it allows).

I can be a really douche driver, fast and aggressive, but I'm also in control, and I'm always very alert.

15. on the highway i go anywhere from 55 to 90. usually about 70. less if im high
    on the 25 mph places i usually go about 15 over, sometimes a lot more, less if im high.

my driving speeds vary a lot depending on my mood

16. Lately I've been keeping around 55-60 in 45 zones and 80-85 in 65 zones. I hate driving slow for some reason, even though I've gotten a few tickets already.

17. I stick to the speed limit while in my truck....my bike...that's another story.

18. +rep, same as me, and going down hills. :smoke:

When I'm stoned, I tend to follow the "rules" of driving, like puting my arms 10 and 2, I don't think of it, it just happens. :rolleyes: I don't do that when I'm not stoned.

19. 70 on the freeway
    5 to 10 over on regular roads

20. 5-10mph over on roads depending on how wide and fast the road is, of course.

If I've been drinking, even if I've had like 1 drink an hour ago I'll go exactly the speed limit and be super careful, since I'm not 21 if I get pulled over I'd be mega-fucked. I make it a rule of thumb not to drive if I feel tipsy though.

If I'm stoned, same thing applies, exact speed limit and super careful.