Specific Vaporizer Debate (Please help)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by goofin'it, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I'll like to start off by saying that this thread is about vaporizer reviews/opinions; I know there are alot of posts already concerning the same issue, but this one is A) NO PLACE FOR SELFISH PROMOS B) more specific to my situation C) going to remain fairly on topic.

I've been smoking for about four years now - I've seen more then my fair share of pieces of all types, shapes, and sizes. Currently I own a gravity bong, two regular bongs, two straight pieces, one bubbler, and one sampler (ranging from $500 to $20).

So I've been doing research for a long time on investing in a vaporizer; after figuring out I'll be smoking for a long time to come, I know I need to be more economical in my smoking habits, making vaporizers a great option. So QUICK OVERVIEW FOR THOSE THAT DON'T LIKE READING:

-Pretty Experienced Smoker of four years
    -Looking to invest in a vaporizer
    -No preference of style (bag/whip/etc)
    -Want durability, quality, warranty, ease of use, etc (in that order)
    -Prefer not to spend $500 on a vap

So a couple of the items I have narrowed my choices down to a few items:
    -Vapor Brothers (either model)
    -Silver Surfer
    -Buddha
    -Vapor Gun

From what I can tell all are fairly cheap, pretty good quality, and come with various recommendations. What I would really like now is more opinions on each of the aforementioned vaporizers, from owners, users, etc. Right now I am leaning toward the Vapor Brothers (either model) as they are cheap ($130-$160), reviewed highly, and come with lifetime warranties.

So, let the debate start.

2. I have an extreme vaporizer. I love it. It does both bags and whip. It comes with a remote control. But since it is not on your list of vapes your interested in I would say you cant go wrong with the surfer or hands free vapor brothers. I have tried them both recently and they are great vapes but only do whip style.

3. well from the choices you have, get the vap bros hands free no questions.

However, based on what you want I would go with the volcano classic. You can get it for $500, and it will last forever, very conservative on weed, great design and construction, it is the best vape out there, and worth every penny.

4. #4 lwien, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    Being that you say that, "need to be more economical in my smoking habits", you need to consider the Purple Days Vaporizor. It is the MOST efficient vape on the market. Check out the reviews here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48

There are pro's and con's to EVERY vape. None of them are perfect nor do ANY of them serve EVERYONE'S needs the best, but if you are primarily using this as a personal vape (not a party vape) and if conserving your herb is top on your priority list, than the Purple Days is a top contender and the best in it's class.

It gets it's efficiency because it uses the "smallest" bowl of any vape on the market and it uses no whips or tubing that collects vapor condensations, and it uses no balloons with possible wasted vapor that you will not use.

The other vapes that you listed are GREAT vapes, but due to their designs, they will never be as efficient as a Purple Days vape. Will you get stronger hits out of the other vapes..............sure, but at the expense of using up more of that precious herb.

And I'll close by saying that IF you are looking for bong type hits, than the OTHER vapes that you mentioned would be a better choice.

5. From what you listed I would have to say go with Da Buddha if you aren't wanting to spend close to $500 for a vape. I say this because the Silver Surfer can start costing up to $450+ if you really start getting into the customization stuff.

Now these are all quality whip vapes (not sure about the vapor gun though, unless you mean heat gun) that all work basically the same and you definitely wouldn't be disappointed with any of the 3 choices but as far as ease of use, durability, and quality for the price, probably definitely Da Buddha.

As far as the Vapor Gun, I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about so can't help you there.

6. I've been using the same Vapor Brothers hands free vape for about 4 years now. For the price I think it is a great vape, I swear by it and have turned a lot of friends onto it as well. It's lacking in a few small areas for example it's temp control is kind of hit or miss you have to play with it and find the right setting for you and the type of weed your vaping. At it's max setting it gets very hot and can burn your weed and produce a very harsh smoke so keep the temp low and work your way up until it's just right. The whip it comes with is great but it also gets clogged pretty fast with dust and resin, it's easy to clean but when it gets bad you might find yourself one day with a mouthfull of weed dust. I try to wash mine out every 15-20 uses, it's generally just good practice to keep it clean as I believe when it gets dirty the quality of the vapor is lesser. Replacing the screens on the hands free glass piece can be difficult the first time as well but you do get the hang of it.
    I've made these sound like real pains in the ass but really it's all about maintaining it, and as usual you get what you pay for. The quality of the product and design is excellent however, like I said mine is over 4 years old at this point and I'd never buy anything else. So if you're a casual recreational user I'd say this is your best bet.

7. dude. you do wanna spend 500 dollars, and you wanna spend 500 dollars on a volcano. trust me. it is worth every penny.

8. I should have specified a couple things:

-By "Vaporizer Gun" I mean the Vapir ONE v. 5
    -I'm not limited to the vaporizers I listed above, but the research I have done thus far has landed me to those types

Again, I don't want to spend $500 on a Silver Surfer or Volcano; I'm simply looking for a piece that will be more efficient for toking: and though efficiency is high (no pun intended) on my list, I also am concerned about high - as the usual bong smoker, and a pretty experienced smoker, I've had my share of highs from types of green to pieces - it's just the last time I used a vap it was the Vapir ONE, and though I got high, it was much more of a head high (even with a primarily indica strain); lastily, if anyone has used both a Vapor Bros. HF and non-HF, I wouldn't appreciate your opinions on the differences between the two (I've read the Pros and Cons on the website, but I want a real smoker's opinion)

So thanks alot for your help so far, I love the response rate. Just know I'm not limited by the aforementioned list, I'm open to anything (...as long as it won't break my bank)

Also see:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/347517-septys-ultimate-guide-vaporizers.html

9. I recently purchased an SSV. I love it and would highly recommend. They're great because of the customization and the fact that it is extremely well built. Hope this helps. Peace :smoke:

10. well i think you should throw a poll up with the different vapes you want.

But I would still say save up and get the volcano... check craigslist, my buddy got a used one off of there for $150 and it has worked like a brand new unit for over 2 years now. I really suggest not settling for the cheaper vape. Yeah, it's gonna get you high, but as an experienced smoker you should realize that when you buy a cheaper bong, you always want something more and buy the nice roor eventually anyways. Why not just save yourself time and money now and get the best vape you can. If you take care of it, it will last you a very long time, and will probably be one of the best investments you ever make.

11. What you experienced here regarding the "head high" even with indica strains is typical with ALL vaporizers, not just the Vapir One.

12. I know that the 'head high' is common to vaporizer usage, which is why I'd prob end up mixing my vap's use with my other pieces to even it out. Still, I'd love if one type of vaporizer could deliver both.

Also, has anyone used a vaporizer to hook to a bong/bubbler? I saw the connectors for the Vapor Bros pieces, and I was just wondering on what alternative affects, if any, it had?

13. Yes, the Vriptech. Check out the reviews here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=322

14. #14 septumus, Mar 5, 2009
    If a Vapor Gun is really the Vapir 5.0...

Get either the Vapor Bros (hands-free) or Da Buddha. They are both around 150-160 and both work really well. The Vapir ONE is okay but it can't compete with these other 2 systems at all. The Silver Surfer is the one I REALLY recommend off of your original list but like I said, it can get pretty pricey with all the customization options (though it's not too bad if you get it plain jane).

BTW on your poll the SSV... That stands for Silver Surfer Vaporizer hehe

15. #15 Ragekai, Mar 5, 2009
    I think the Vapor Bros Handsfree fits your situation perfectly.

However, you could do what I did and get Vaporwarez Vaporcannon..exactly the same vape same quality for a little cheaper. :D

I have the vaporcannon HF 4th Gen. and it gets me very very high. ANd I do appreciate the hands free-ness cuz you can just load in there and sit back relaxed puffin away.

Without handsfree it wouldnt feel quite as chill, definetly worth the extra bucks.

16. Once you hop into a certain price range they will all be quality.

Depends on if you want a hose or a bag though.

Your list is full of quality choices, and none will disappoint you.

You want to go bag or whip style? Then just take what's readily available to you.

17. You failed to mention two other choices other than bag or whip and that is direct draw such as Purple Days, Vapulation, Herbal Air or a heat wand such as the VripTech.

18. Ahhh, I'm not a vaper. I'm a bong toker. Don't stay up to date on vapes so...
    Either way my comment still stands the same. Find the style then decide off the list.

19. Fair enough. Just wanted to clarify.............and you're right. Finding the style of vape that suits your needs is the first step. Deciding on a brand is the second.

20. I own a SSV and the SSV and DBV beat out the VB hands down. It comes down to how much you want to spend, and which style whip or bag. The SSV is the same as the DBV its just more customizable.

It comes down to the SSV and the Volcano as long as price isnt an issue, and then its just preference.