Specific Strain Suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kryptickasserol, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Calling all blades! I'm starting my grow in a month or so, and have been going through strains for some time. However, with so many kushs, hazes, etc., I'm finding it difficult to decide.

So blade, I want your input on some strains. I'm growing indoors in a 4x4x7 tent, with MH/HPS, plenty of ventilation, etc. Here is a basis of what I have been trying to find:

1. All around bud. Something that gives an energetic and creative/inspirational high. Basically, something that is still potent, but that is great to smoke at pretty much anytime of the day. (This was actually one of the main reasons for wanting to grow my own. Tired of shitty shwag around here that does nothing but couch lock, when I need to get some shit done).

2. Night time bud. I assume there is no "one hit wonder" strains out there, but I'm sure we can think of something close. I've been losing a lot of sleep lately and could really use something that fits this category. However, if this blends into my last strain request, that's fine with me.

3. Hit by a train. This says it all. I want something that, after the first hit, I can already feel it crawling through my entire body. By the time I'm done, I want to be higher than the f***ing Startrek Enterprise, lol.

And there it is, blades. I need your help to decide. I've was contemplating White Russian and SLH (as it is quite popular among the community), but if you got something that you think is better, let me know.

Thanks, everyone! I look forward to your suggestions.

2. Here are a few suggestions.

1. Sour Diesel, Blue Dream, Green Crack, Trainwreck, SLH.
    2. OG Kush, Grand Daddy Purple
    3. LOL :)

3. Durban poison, white widow, and any good hazes

4. Almost any White Widow cross.

5. for sativa's i would say go with Sensi star, nice yielder. very heady stone as well. great all around bud.

night cap toking I'd set you up with some LA confidential, 100% indica= sweet dreams

you want some bud that will blow your house down (assuming you grow clones)
    I have a nice list for you in the clone selection

Chem Dawg, GDP, Green crack(the bomb) , trainwreck, or, a personal favorite, the sour kush.

any of these aformentioned strains are great yielders and great strains, hope i helped.

6. I'm not sure on growing clones yet, as I am still in the process of reading up on how to properly do it. Not only that, but with only one grow tent that will be going, I still have to figure out a possible veg chamber situation.

However, the strains you suggested (as well as all the others that contributed) sound great. After some deliberation, I'm thinking about going with the following:

1. Super Lemon Haze
    2. Blue Cheese
    3. Black Widow

The 'tude also has Mr. Nice's Medicine Man in stock. From what I hear, this is pretty potent shenanigans. However, there is no rush on trying every strain I can, so I think the three above should do well.

Anyone here have any good/bad feedback on the strains I picked? I know that tons of people have grown the SLH recently. I hear it is a stretching biatch (thus my decision to LST the shit out of her). The Black Widow (Greenhouse's Original WW) is obviously a popular strain, and I have heard great things about her (as well as some negatives, including nute sensitivity). The Blue Cheese I have yet to read that much about, and would love some feedback on...

Anyone with Blue Cheese experience wanna give their $.02?

7. I will have to second trainwreck here. I've been smoking for quite a while, and have had some pretty good bud in the past. I only recently got a bag of some trainwreck and all I can say is damn. I don't pass out off of any medicines, but the trainwreck was as close to lights out as I have ever felt off of weed.

8. Blue cheese is a very very nice strain! Great high, but if u smoke a lot kinda locks u to the couch and gives u munchies :D

Have u considered Amnesia Haze?

9. Well for 2 and 3 id suggest Fruit of the Gods. or a similar cross (NL#5 x Skunk #1)

Tastiest weed ive had in a while and the nuggets were rock hard and full of trichs :hello: Romulan is also nice.. Or a hashplant.

10. Wanted to try Romulan, but isn't that clone-only?

11. try super silver haze or the church blue cheese or any cheese will yield huge