Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Specific question about t-break I've not read anywhere else

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by captaincyanide, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hi! *I know everyone is different, everyone has a different metabolism, and stuff... but there's always an average, I want that, the answer for an 'average' person, and what works for you.*

I've been reading thread after thread, looking everywhere before I made this 'yet another t-break thread', but no luck at all...

Basically all I want to know: How long is too long?

Let me explain.
    When you smoke, THC receptors get activated, and if your next smoking session is too soon, some receptors just don't have the time to be available again to catch THC, right? And if you smoke again too soon, more THC receptors are blocked, and so on... So I want to know, as I cleared out first (on average), how long is too long?
    For example, you could take a 1 month t-break, but you could also take 100 years and no doubt it will be awesome once you go back, but you just have so many THC receptors, that could be free to use since you were (just to say something) 17 years on your t-break, and after that time it just made no difference. Only from experience I'm pretty sure that number is around weeks, not even 1 month (maybe 2 weeks?).

I just thought of another question... On average, how often should you smoke to not have to take a long t-break? smoke then wait, perhaps, 2 days to smoke again?

As I said, I want the answer (YOUR estimate) for an average person, and also what works for you.

I'm 1 week into my t-break, I had problems just the first 2 days, as always (sleeping problems, eating problems, grumpy mood) but now I'm as good as new and could go on for as long as I want, as always... I just have so many things to do, besides weed, to spice up my life :)

Just a thought: Let's say you have 100 THC receptors on your body, if you are a heavy smoker, you'll end up with 95 receptors blocked, and work with just 5 of them on each smoking session... but if you stopped for a day maybe now only 88 receptors will be blocked... on the second day only 69 receptors blocked... and let's say that that number decreases greatly on the first days but in the end when you have around 10 receptors blocked, maybe every 10 days only 1 receptor gets free, so It's just not worth it... see what I'm trying to illustrate here?

Take care! :)

2. I mean, I couldn't tell you the average but it definitely differs per person. Everyone reacts differently to weed, and has difference tolerance builds.

3. to give you an estimation, 3 days is too long

4. So normally, you don't take longer than a 3 day t-break?

5. naah hes fuckin with yaa hahaha

and good theory, but i thought like after a month or 2 month long tbreak it was like smokin for the first time for most people? idk could be wrong.. thought i heard that shit somewhere

but yeah dont stop smoking for 3 years or some shit just cus it'll be sooo much more boss later, just dont pick up for a while, some day when youre bored, nothins goin on, pick up, tbreak over :cool:

6. I wasn't sure :p sometimes a 3 day t-break does the trick for me :)

7. I smoke once a week and my tolerance is shit, it's awesome. Two hits of some good herb and I'm high. 4 hits and I'm high as fuck. 6 hits and I'm couch locked in cartoon world.

8. oh nononono dont get me wrong 3 days you'll notice a little difference vs if ya were smokin everyday but for a solid drop in tolerancee ya gotta wait brosephh :smoke:

9. It really depends on you. I have friends who need two weeks to a month to get incredibly high again.

I, on the other hand, need about 2-3 days to get incredibly high again.

Figure out what works for you. Buy a large amount of the same strain and store it in an air tight container. Take a few day break, and smoke a gram. Write down how high you get. Then take a few more days than before, smoke the same amount, and see how high you get. Keep doing this until you realize you aren't getting any higher and see what that day was.